New domestic econ seats

Discussion in 'LAN | LANPASS' started by zpaul, Oct 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    On LA1332 tonight we had an A320 that came off the line in 01/2011. The seats were a design I haven't seen on LAN before:

image-2012943440.png

Gaucho likes this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thinner? More/less comfortable? Look easier to maintain (i.e., the seat pockets).

zpaul and Gaucho like this.
  3. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we need a detailed rear end satisfaction report !!!!!

zpaul likes this.
  4. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the tease...it took me a while to figure out mobile posting.

To get to the important rear-end-satisfaction report: I felt no difference. It was only a 50 minute flight, after all!

These seats make me think of the new seats announced by LH in TATL economy - they are thinner (though not by a really big amount) and they feel much more open. We were in row 13, the second of the two center exit rows, so there was more space anyway - I'm just going by what I could eyeball in other rows. As you noticed, the magazine pocket is moved up (the magazines slide down behind the tray table when it's up) and there is a small mesh pocket below which is good for storing a bottle of water, reading glasses, Bose headphones, whatever small item you want to keep handy.

It did create a very messy line-of-sight through the cabin, as the safety brochures and mags would get moved around quite a bit during the flight and stick up over the seat, but overall it was a better experience. Two thumbs up.

The aircraft was quite nice, too - a recently-delivered A320 with all the new bells and whistles including the "mood" lighting, larger overhead bins, quiet ride. Really nice flight overall.

Bay Pisco Shark likes this.