New DL mileage devaluation to catch ip to UA

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by ballardFlyer, Nov 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    DL in the backseat to UA on a bad customer move - from TOBB:

"This afternoon, you’ll be able to see some updates to our Award Ticket charts on delta.com. To balance continued investments in products and services, we regularly evaluate Award pricing and adjust it periodically. Select redemption levels are changing for Award Tickets booked on or after November 8, 2013, for travel on or after February 1, 2014. You can continue to book Award Tickets for travel before February 1, 2014, at the current Award redemption levels.

Please review delta.com/charts for existing and updated mileage redemption charts by region and additional information. DwayneSkyMiles"

Nice DL - class act that you are.

gregm and Newscience like this.
  2. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Zero integrity.

3. JosephMay

JosephMay Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry this is Delta. Not to catch up. Their goal is to surpass United and the others and set the standard for least valuable. United for a few days came close but Delta still is the tops at the bottom.

redtailshark and B1BomberVB like this.
  4. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I could swear I read something about this previously. I thought that DL was the first to devalue their Medallion program.

5. B1BomberVB

B1BomberVB Silver Member

Status Points:
    At least UA is giving us until 31 Jan. 2014 to book & indefinitely to fly at current levels!

JosephMay likes this.
  6. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Their "goal"?!

We all know that DL has long been in the lead for award devaluations and whenever a passing maneuver is attempted by a competitor, their riposte is brazen and immediate. SM management inflicts a no-notice deval the same week, in fact this current one is perfect because UA is taking a lot more heat from its customers for devaluing to still-better-than-DL levels than DL does for its banditry..... and the smokescreen is ideal. In fact, I'm surprised Jeff didn't devalue SM even more.

This MO is classic and has been the norm for several years.

Don't forget, they have charged 635k SM for one pax from PHL to FCO, not all of which is in J, for some years now.

JosephMay and DiverDave like this.