new credit card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by hsalife, Nov 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. hsalife

hsalife New Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the process of getting a new credit card( using it for business). I have USAIR cards now and am frequent flier. Will continue them. Have excellent credit. My Partner and I spend about $75k/yr together on this card(one for each of us).
    What card should be looked at- Usually pay off each month, probably want air points(or hotels) and lowest costs. Suggestions are appreciated.

2. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    What is the spending on? The more detailed your answer (% on air, hotels, dining, office supplies, gas, etc.), the better we can answer.

3. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    As far as airline miles go I'd suggest the American Express Starwood Preferred Guest card, as its points can be transferred to both US Airways and American Airlines, so you'd be covered however the merger situation turns out. And of course Starwood points can be used for Starwood hotel properties as well. But you didn't specify what hotels you usually stay at, so this might not be the best choice for a hotel card, depending on your hotel preferences.

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Chase Ink, gives you 5X on many charges, and many Gift Cards at OD,
    My Business Partner wife... both have different INK Cards,
    SPG will give you 1.25 on AA... X-Fer's, love the hotels and the upgrades.
    That's my choice, but you need to focus on your own desires/ goals