New CO.com Preview Site Available

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Hartmann, Apr 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is a new version of the preview site available. A couple of new features that I've noticed:

1) Ability to view/modify UA reservations, including selecting seats
    2) Mixed itineraries now show both UA and CO confirmation numbers
    3) Ability to purchase and select E+ seats

2. JLSocks
    Original Member

JLSocks Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you have a link to the site?

3. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    You will need to send a message to UA Insider asking for access. The URL is http://preview.continental.com

4. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why are they upgrading the CO website? Aren't they moving everything to UA.com?

5. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the general consensus is that the CO site would stay (and of course migrate to the united.com domain). That is pure speculation, though.

6. sdm1130
    Original Member

sdm1130 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They've already confirmed that they will go with Shares instead of UA's current system, so I would say the above is closer to fact than speculation.

7. scott6067
    Original Member

scott6067 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This all makes sense as we get closer to customer day one. In the coming weeks one will be able to go to either airlines kiosik and checkin using the other airlines kiosik. We should have a joint counter at BNA within two weeks although we will not yet be able to assist each other's passengers on our computers.

8. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    UACO needs to start cross-training the employees and telling them they work for the same company. I had an aggressively awkward experience in MIA yesterday where their baggage services people share an office, with the woman working for CO spending a lot of time and energy telling me that she works for CO and can't handle UA issues and the first CO flight isn't due for another 20 minutes so I can't ask her and how CO will take over and be superior, and then the UA woman affirmately tell me they are two separate companies and aren't merged and will stay 2 separate companies unitl they have an operating certificate.

Hello, for customer-facing purposes, you had better start acting like you like each other and will cooperate with each other.

Colonel G and Renard like this.
  9. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish they would change the Traveler Info page during the booking process...it slows the whole works down when you have to choose the passenger and the page reloads. I would much prefer clicking on a passenger's name and carrying on to the next page.

10. Hartmann
    Original Member

Hartmann Gold Member

Status Points:
    It used to work the way you describe, with the passenger being carried over to the next page. I'm not really sure why they felt it was necessary to change. I agree with you about the new method making the process being disjointed.

11. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My understanding is that this is not the case, and it is probably the right move. I would like to see some of .bomb's expert functions ported over to CO.com, however.

12. scott6067
    Original Member

scott6067 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any employee of either company should see that acting this way will serve only one purpose which is to upset the passenger who in the end pays your salary. Never a good thing!

Renard and FrequentlyFlying like this.
  13. Hannaman
    Original Member

Hannaman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think your expectation is unreasonable, particularly for legacy CO employees who have been told for the better part of two decades about how great they are. There's no way that under those conditions and with an employee base as large as CO's, that some won't let all that coddling get to their heads.

14. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Management of the new company needs to get this under control and quickly - both so that it isn't exposed to customers but also so that the two workforces can be integrated. Doesn't matter what they've been told before. They are one company now, even if there are two operating certificates for a while. There is no good reason why two operating certificates would preclude customer service employees from cooperating and helping customers. Skywest employees cooperate when they are helping United and Delta customers.

JohnDeere19 and sobore like this.
  15. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice, just logged in and looked at a mixed itinerary:
    Was able to successfully change my UA seats, really nice (without having to go to ua.com)
    Like seeing flight numbers and codeshare numbers listed.

Good stuff.

With these changes, seems to me that the "CO" site will most likely be staying. Who knows, but these are great improvements to continental.com.
    :)

Would be nice: Add ability to upgrade using miles for UA flights. The "buy up" to first (paying first fare is now working for UA flights, that was not working before).

Horse likes this.
  16. scott6067
    Original Member

scott6067 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any service employee should understand the needs of the customer. If they don't then they are in the wrong business.

Renard and Seacarl like this.
  17. scott6067
    Original Member

scott6067 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed these are positive steps forward in addition to the ability to get information on the pda site about both sub-airlines flights. THe UA ones are still in need of more information but that will come with time.

18. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ability to select seats on UA metal is a great improvement, and it's nice that CO is no longer 'hiding the ball' w/r/t UA record locators (previously available in small print when attempting to select seats on UA metal). Interestingly .bomb has been providing this particular bit information all along...

19. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up on the preview site. For some reason I didn't get an email this time telling me that it's available. Maybe that's forthcoming...

A few changes I've noticed:

1. The United PNR code is now at the top of combined UA/CO itins.
    2. The link to United's site with the UA PNR is gone.
    3. Seat assignments for UA-operated flights are now appearing in the seat section.
    4. Flight numbers that are CO and UA coded now appear as "CO6 (UA1068)" or "CO6021 (UA875)". Other codeshare flights only show the CO number...e.g. CO4473 (which is NH operated)
    5. Seat maps on CO-codeshare, UA-operated flights appear to work and are accurate per the Expertflyer seat map. Note: I don't want to attempt a seat change should the systems not talk correctly. I currently have an E+ bulkhead on SEA-NRT and don't want to lose it.
    6. Seat maps for CO-codeshare, NH-operated flights are still not available. However, the seat assignment that the UA part of the reservation has been showing for weeks now appears on the CO site.
    7. CO is unable to show UA exit row seats. I'm a UA 1P and the exit rows are not available; but bulkheads are.

That's it for now on the changes related to existing reservations. I'll edit this post as I go through some more.

-RM

20. Jslo
    Original Member

Jslo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just PM'd United Insider for an invite...we'll see how it goes.

21. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    So if that is true, why has the United site been gradually updated with the "new" logo/branding. On the other hand the Continental site looks pretty much the same as before the merger?

22. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think they are planning on implementing a lot of UA's interface and features into the CO site, so they are testing it on the UA site before porting them over to the CO site...

23. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Because for the interim period it is useful to have the proper branding on the page. There was less to update on the CO side since the logo was already there.

24. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Very true. CS can not continue to say "that's a CO thing" or "that's a UA thing", the customer needs to see one airline regardless of the behind the scenes issues.

Horse and Renard like this.
  25. sdm1130
    Original Member

sdm1130 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is a known issue and something they hope to have available in a future CO.com release. For now, we still need to use .bomb or call UA for exit rows.