New Club Carlson Promo - Triple Gold Points

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by miles and smiles, Jan 10, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    https://www.clubcarlson.com/secure/offers/4609570?campaignUrl=triplepoints

Earning triple points has never been so easy.

Simply complete the registration form and a stay between January 10 and March 16, 2012 at any of our more than 1,000 participating hotels worldwide: Radisson®, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson℠, Park Inn by Radisson or Park Plaza® hotels.

Remember, every stay at a Carlson hotel brings you one step closer to free nights faster – starting at only 9,000 points with no blackout dates on standard rooms. You'll even earn triple points on food and beverages charged to your room between January 10 and March 16, 2012.

Register now.

Terms and Conditions

The Triple Points Promotion (“Promotion”) is available only to Club CarlsonSM members. To enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com. The Promotion is subject to all Club Carlson program rules and conditions (“Program Rules”).
    Members who register online for the Promotion at clubcarlson.com/triplepoints (“Registration”), provide their Club Carlson number at the time of reservation or at check-in, and pay for their stay will earn 40 Gold Points® per U.S. Dollar spent (“Bonus Points”) in addition to the standard 20 Gold Points per U.S. Dollar spent for stays completed between January 10, 2012 and March 16, 2012 (“Promotional Period”) at participating Radisson®, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson℠, Park Inn by Radisson and Park Plaza® hotels worldwide (“Eligible Stays”). Bonus and standard Points are awarded based on the amount spent during an Eligible Stay on the room rate(s) and eligible food and beverage charged to your room, exclusive of any taxes, levies, charges, and fees. Both the check in and check out dates of the stay must take place within the Promotional Period. Only one Club Carlson account may be credited for each Eligible Stay, and the corresponding standard and Bonus Points, if applicable. Bonus Points will be credited to the Member’s account when the standard points are credited for the Eligible Stay. Bonus and standard Points are only awarded on Gold Point eligible stays. Regular eligibility rate rules apply. Bonus Points do not apply to Elite member bonus points or other bonus point earnings.
    Members only need to register once during the Promotional Period in order to be eligible for the Promotion. Registration must be received in advance of the Eligible Stay or before check-out. In connection with the Registration, Club Carlson is not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections miscommunications, failed telephone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic; including without limitation the incompletely, incorrect, or inaccurate capture of Registration information.
    Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion with or without notice. Subject to availability. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions.

2. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like how this promo gave a very precise confirmation screen that had name, account number, and enrollment date. I also like how the 70 points per dollar (triple plus gold status bonus) will accumulate with my newly acquired status match ;).

I do hope ClubCarlson adds a MP representative soon, as the current velocity of promotions really suggests a need for a separate forum.

3. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, but I personally don't think the comparisons between CC and SPG and other chains are completely fair.

Right now Club Carlson still has a long way to go with the US properties. Just look at the other thread for properties in the Miami area, for example. And looking apples to apples at their top tier hotels in cities like Chicago or New York, they have their work cut out for them unless they start breaking out the Blu hotels with a vengeance.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great program and it's very easy to do some killer mattress runs and accumulate a trillion points, but I think I'm not alone when I say that I do that looking at their higher-end properties overseas when I consider redemptions.

IDGflygirl, flyingdawg and uggboy like this.
  5. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't think this is a concept specific to Club Carlson - overseas properties are the reason I'm involved with Hyatt and PriorityClub/InterContinental ...

flyingdawg likes this.
  6. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if the triple points would apply for a double gold point room. That would make it 6x the points of a regular room.

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Don't know the answer, but welcome to Milepoint.

8. flyingdawg
    Original Member

flyingdawg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP Singapore Flyer !

9. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    Thanks! I have been following on many thread for a while. It has been a great learning experience. I am going to call them tomorrow and find out. Will report back.

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  10. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Perhaps, but it's easy enough to find at least a decent Hyatt or IC property in the US that I wouldn't mind staying at. Other than the Blu in Chicago, I can't say that there's a specific Radisson that I think "oh I wanna go to that city to stay there"

But maybe that's just me. :)

11. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I never say "oh, I wanna go to that US city to stay at a particular hotel". But yeah, if the SJC Radisson is representative, it's not that great of a chain here in the US. But I might use the 100k points for a series of 9k nights where I don't care too much about the hotel... Or for a nice stay somewhere in Europe.

miles and smiles and IDGflygirl like this.
  12. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    Confirmed with a Rep named Tiffany, that the triple points are on standard rooms only. Can't use the promo on a double points room. Not sure how they would know per se, but she said it was in the T&C. I also asked about a status match to Gold that some folks have mentioned using the Hilton and Accor recent deals and it only goes to Silver. Maybe it is dependent on the person you speak to...

flyingdawg and miles and smiles like this.
  13. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I remember, top tier competitor statuses match to CC Gold, but mid tier match only to CC Silver. They do not match anything to CC Concierge level.

I can confirm that Hyatt Diamond matches to CC Gold (at least it did on 21-Nov-2011).

14. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    wheat27, flyingdawg and dmel like this.
  15. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received an email from AA
    "Celebrate the North American debut of Radisson Blu with the opening of the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago and earn triple AAdvantage miles on your next eligible stay at any Radisson hotel worldwide from October 15, 2011 through March 30, 2012"
    Can you double dip? Get CC points and AA miles

flyingdawg likes this.
  16. daemon14

daemon14 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If I book a Cash + Points room, will I earn triple points on the cash portion?

17. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    no

flyingdawg likes this.
  18. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The whole having to supposedly check out physically will ruin it for me if enforced. I will check in no problem, but checking out will kill it.