New cabin for short-haul fleet

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Someone, Nov 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not confirmed yet, but SAS employees apparently has been informed that SAS will start retrofit their 737s with the same Recaro seats as the LH-Group

It seems like many people have a love or hate relationship to these seats. Personally do I think their OK, at least for short flights up to 2,5 hours, which most of the SAS flights are. And more legroom is definately appreciated. The 737-800 shoul get about 181 seats, i.e. one seat row less than Norwegian

2. omiyage

omiyage Active Member

Status Points:
    That's correct. The e-mail even contained a photo of the LH seat as an example. Retrofitting with these seats will start in spring 2012. However work is about to begin on several 737-800 to standardize the locations of catering and emergency equipment. The seat changes will be a part of this.
    SAS use the 800 heavily on charter flights. I wonder how passenger reactions will be on those 5+ hour flights, e.g. OSL-SSH... :(

3. Robbiedeluxe
    Original Member

Robbiedeluxe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are these the seats with the magazine pouch in the very top section of the seat?

4. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it the LH NEK seats they will install then? I am not a fan of those.. I think the seats have been getting worse, I am a big fan of the good old 738 "European config" in Norway, but those days seem to be over.

5. ILS2

ILS2 Active Member

Status Points:
    I do not like LH NEK. The seats are simply uncomfortable to sit in for more than 2 hours. I'd rather have less legroom and a better seat, than the other way around.

6. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've sat in the LH new seats several times this year and I tend to like them. They seem to have a bit of natural flex in them. However, I've only been on 2 to 2.5 hr flights with those seats. The weight savings are dramatic. LH was able to free up approx. 6 inches or so per per row with these seats. They kept 3 inches for itself so it could fit more rows in, but it does increase pax leg room by about 3 inches as well. This was told to me by an LH mechanic at Technik.

7. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
  8. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    HerrO likes this.
  9. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting to read that Aftenposten also writes about re-introduce free meal service again:

So free internet, free meal service - SAS starting to get to where they were "the world went bankrupt" :)

/HerrO

Flyer1976 likes this.