New BTC options for Breakfast - A Healthy One

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by SQ LPP, Apr 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Starting in May, Singapore Airlines is adding the list of BTC (Book The Cook) for passengers traveling in Business Class, First Class, and R Class. With the trend of health conscious in the world, the breakfast choice will be a healthy one. :) (Note: My apology, I don't have any information about the nutrition details of these dishes.)

For passengers flying from Singapore, you have the following options:
    • A selection of dim sum with steamed radish cake
    • Sliced grouper congee with spring onions and ginger
    • Whole crisp bread with cottage cheese, rosemary honey, roasted pear and fresh berries low fat yoghurt
    From HKG and TPE:
    • Sliced chicken and scallops in rice congee
    From NRT and HND (only for R class and F class only):
    • Japanese healthy breakfast
    From AMS, DXB, FRA, LHR, LAX, MEL, JFK, EWR, SFO, and SYD:
    • Toasted multigrain country bread with herb cottage cheese, grilled vegetables and fresh berries low fat yoghurt

Looking forward to hearing from every one here who will try these new healthy breakfast when flying SQ starting in May. :)

Chimpy, gleff and calvinoeh like this.
  2. infoworks
    Original Member

infoworks Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be really nice if they had a two boiled eggs option (I ask for them kopitiam style), with toast (Kaya toast is probably not that healthy)!

Chimpy and SQ LPP like this.
  3. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Infoworks, I think that you can always order boiled eggs as well as scrambled eggs.

Chimpy and infoworks like this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wish it were possible to order one of their regular lunch/dinner/light meal selections for breakfast. Especially when it doesn't feel like breakfast time for me, I'd prefer to have the fish or chicken rather than some food that's officially considered breakfast, or maybe a nice sandwich before landing.

SQ LPP likes this.
  5. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, many times on SQ12 from NRT to LAX, I ordered BTC for dinner, but I told the cabin crew that I would have my BTC served as my meals (breakfast) prior to land at LAX. Or else when taking SQ26 SIN-FRA, my supper BTC would be held for breakfast prior to arrive in FRA. :)

6. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I try the same, but sometimes it doesn't work. Once in particular they had a duck main course on the dinner menu that I really wanted, but they ran out of it and I lost since I had done BTC. Fair enough, but disappointing. I also sometimes try to create an additional course, fish and meat, with my main meal in place of dessert.

SQ LPP likes this.
  7. General_Flyer
    Original Member

General_Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somehow, "Healthy" is not what I associate with foods in F & C..

I'm there to indulge a bit while I'm traveling. I'd rather they actually revamp the whole BTC menu than doing healthy choices.. :p

IMO if I want to eat healthy, might as well go to a health food restaurant than in the air.. :rolleyes: :D

SQ LPP and Chimpy like this.
  8. SQ LPP
    Original Member

SQ LPP Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update: If you go to the website, and look for the BTC, you will find these healthy breakfast in the available choices. :)