New Boston-area Hyatt Place; $50 intro rates for locals

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by rwoman, May 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    USA Today: New Boston-area Hyatt Place; $50 intro rates for locals

Sean Colahan and canucklehead like this.
  2. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if you could mattress fun with these fares? :)

3. folex386

folex386 Gold Member

Status Points:
    why not? As long as you book on hyatt.com. You could also participate in their miles promotion! It's be a good MR for $50

4. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wish I had a $50 MR opportunity. Only Hyatt near me is always ~$100 a night. I hate the people who have those $50, $60 Hyatts...especially the ones that are HRs.

5. Jenny & Curt
    Original Member

Jenny & Curt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can mattress fun with any rate. ;)

6. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the hotel last night. Ended up frustrated, front desk had no clue about the $50 rate despite my agent consulting with others. Amazing, since it was listed in the Hyatt press release about the hotel!

http://www.hyattpressroom.com/hyatt...lace-boston-braintree-celebrates-opening.html

Stay was alright, nothing too special. Had some great people (front desk at checkin was excellent, very helpful, breakfast was good but breakfast attendant was very cordial and welcoming which was nice) and some not quite as enjoyable interactions (front desk checkout mentioned above). I would have done express checkout over the phone if I didn't need to book the nights, and would definitely do so in the future. Couple of other minor issues that I chalk up to being a new hotel and everyone figuring things out. Wondering if I should go back again later today with a copy of the press release, I'm frustrated though as I feel the front desk should have been aware of the promo. I have other plans away from the hotel area for the weekend, so it would be going somewhat out of my way to go back and book the nights. I wanted to switch some of my future hotel stays to Hyatt, but this stay wasn't good enough for me to do that. I wouldn't go out of my way for this hotel, if the price and location work for you then it is ok but just not worth booking if other options are available at a similar price.