NEW: Bonus DEQ11: Double EQM/RDM for DFW/ORD-LAX/SFO (TX, IL, CA members)

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by sukn, Oct 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's back!!! Though there is some chatter on FT that the AAdvantage CS agents have not been informed of this promo yet.

Also, note this important information in the T&Cs.

BONUS EQM earned in 2011 WILL COUNT FOR 2012
    BONUS EQM earned in 2012 WILL COUNT FOR 2013

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetails.do?repositoryId=16336541

Increase Your Mileage Balance and Qualify For AAdvantage Elite Status Faster Than Ever

Airline:
    American Airlines

Award:
    Double Elite-Status Qualifying Miles. Double Flight Miles

Bonus Code:
    DEQ11
    Register today by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Dates:
    Book your trip and fly between October 27, 2011, and March 31, 2012

Offer:
    Reach AAdvantage elite status faster than ever with this offer and add to your mileage balance at the same time! Just book a round-trip ticket and fly on American Airlines between Chicago O'Hare or DFW and Los Angeles or San Francisco from October 27, 2011, through March 31, 2012. You'll earn double flight miles AND double elite-qualifying miles, the miles that bring you closer to AAdvantage elite status membership - at an accelerated rate.

With so many choices, you'll have plenty of opportunities to get to your destination and add more miles to your AAdvantage account:

Between Chicago and Los Angeles 10 nonstops each business day
    Between Chicago and San Francisco 6 nonstops each business day
    Between DFW and Los Angeles 16 nonstops each business day
    Between DFW and San Francisco
    10 nonstops each business day

Register for this special offer prior to travel to qualify, by selecting the red "REGISTER" button below.

Terms and Conditions:
    Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California, Illinois or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between Chicago (ORD) or Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from October 27, 2011 through March 31, 2012. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. Reservations containing open jaws are eligible. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after October 27, 2011, to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between Chicago or DFW and Los Angeles or between Chicago or DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

2. Juanefny

Juanefny Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad I don't live in either of those three states!

alohastephen likes this.
  3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year; bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2012 will count toward your 2013 membership year."

What does that mean?

4. aamilesslave
    Original Member

aamilesslave Silver Member

Status Points:
    It means the bonuses will count in the same year as the flight qualifying miles.

legalalien likes this.
  5. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Emos-closet Silver Member

Status Points:
    Do you think if I fly 3 RT between LAX-ORD around Nov 15th that the miles will post before Dec 1? i am trying to make Lifetime platinum and that will get me very, very close.

6. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It clearly says the bonus posts 6-8 weeks after the activity posts on your account. Might post earlier but seems like you'd miss the cut off unless they get post-dated to activity.

7. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    True...but from experience, miles seem to post quickly with American. I guess it would be really risky.

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Exactly ;)

My miles typically have been a bit early, but barely and sometimes late. YMMV.

9. sukn
    Original Member

sukn Silver Member

Status Points:
    As I'm sure you know, miles from this promo in the past have posted in batches. Sometimes AA CS has been able to give out specific dates when the batches will be run, other times we just have to hope for the best. I believe the batches were run twice a month the last time the promo ran.

Also, the promo miles were dated with the original qualifying flight activity, so they were retroactive as far as the time stamp on them was concerned -- meaning they just may count towards lifetime status even if they post in December.

10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Past history is helpful but never 100% conclusive. I'd be willing to bet they post-date as mentioned above but things do change from time to time. It's always best to be clear about the risks and benefits.

11. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really love this promo and looking forward to cashing in on the benefits as I make a switch over from UA.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  12. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're looking at weekend travel you might not want to wait too long. Mileage runners tend to book those flights to rack up miles and the current $89 one way fare will start disappearing. That fare expires Feb 12 for SFO-ORD so only about a 6 week window for next year unless you want to pay more for travel after that date. I'm more fortunate that I'm able to split my trips between weekday and weekend. If some other trips fall into place I might even requalify by the end of February this year. Earliest I've done it before is May.

13. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too bad I already have ~70K worth of mileage booked for next year. :confused:

14. So, I'm currently scheduled to end the year at about 68K EQM. I don't think I'll be this close any year in the immediate future (I had a lot more work travel this year than I probably will for a while). So I could do 5 RTs LAX-ORD, which would rack up about 35K EQM and get me to EXP. I've got those five flights on hold right now, total cost = $1092. Should I do it?

Emos-closet and TheBeerHunter like this.
  15. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Well, let's see...

EXP > PLT > GLD

So, um, yeah, I'd do it. :)

Welcome to MilePoint, Morgan!

16. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe I need to change to my sister's address, which I use for stuff I cannot send to my overseas address anyway. :)

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  17. I'm doing it. I can't believe I'm flying 5 RTs in 11 days. Just a year ago I would have laughed at someone who did something like this. But it's a good deal, right?!? :)

Emos-closet, TheBeerHunter and rwoman like this.
  18. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know the feeling. I have 12K of domestic trips that I booked last week. I've been waiting for someone to start a Europe sale but these will work in the short term. I've left a block of time open in both January and February should something appear. Don't think there's ever been a time in the last 20 years you wouldn't find me on the ground in Europe in January or February.

TheBeerHunter and rwoman like this.
  19. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to the world of status chasing. It'll be hard to go back.

rwoman and basiface like this.
  20. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't stand anymore to those targeted promos. When AA will look to Brazil for a change?

21. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's all about Virgin America. In the last year they started DFW and ORD from SFO. If you can convince them to start South America service you might have a chance. :D

22. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    Best news I've heard all month (very rough month, lol). Now I can re-qualify for next year without cramming and get a good start on 2013. S/N the Texas Rangers are choking before my eyes smh...

rwoman likes this.
  23. Emos-closet
    Original Member

Status Points:
    When r u flying? I just booked two rt in mid Nov. Guess I am crazy too!

24. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Can't you move (wink wink) before you register, and thus, take advantage of the promo?

rwoman likes this.
  25. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    I could, but I travel a lot, and if I need to "move" again to Brazil, it would be messy!!! ;)