1. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I used the NEXUS line for inter-Canadian travel earlier this month in Calgary. The two benefits to that were: a dedicated and shorter line, and an exemption from the random hand swab (CATSA lady was readying for my entry, then heard I was NEXUS, then backed off). I even asked the CATSA guy who checked boarding passes at the mouth of the x-ray if there is any other benefit, he said no (not taking off shoes is standard for everyone not flying to the U.S.).

So, other than possibly a shorter line, I'm not sure what the benefit would be here by expanding it to the U.S. line.

Now, if you read between the lines with what the TSA is doing in their "pre-check" program (which all NEXUS and Global Entry members are enrolled already, only at specific airports), maybe this Canadian thing is the same. Though it doesn't go into detail, but one would assume it's the same thing as the TSA is slowly rolling out in the U.S. That would be a welcomed thing.

Anything to improve the Canadian security experience. Canadian screeners are nice, but the physical set-up of checkpoints and the staffing is simply awful.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shorter line always help. More time spent in the lounge.

mowogo likes this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice changes for Nexus holders. Looking forward to reports and hopefully screening times will be significantly reduced!

TAHKUCT likes this.