New BA First rollout schedule?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by jetsetr, Feb 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone know of a *definitive* rollout schedule of the new first class cabin? I have an F award booked SFO-LHR r/t in December 2012, and I wanted to see what the chances were of having the new config.

I found a nice "rollout percentage" chart at http://ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm, but it's dated mid-2011, so I'm looking for an updated report.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. ukgooner
    Original Member

ukgooner Silver Member

Status Points:
    Impressive!

I remember that High J 747s and RR powered 777s, and of course the 300 series 777s are almost all done. The main lottery will always be the low J 747s as i understand not all will be fitted with new First due to impending retirement.

jetsetr likes this.
  3. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the response. OK, so let me modify my original question. Is there a website that lists the BA fleet replacement schedule by route? Again, I am most curious about the SFO-LHR route.

4. LAXtraveler
    Original Member

LAXtraveler Gold Member

Status Points:
    The problem is that the planes get rotated out. Besides ftdashboard there is also www.thebasource.com where you can see which planes have been refitted.

If I remember correctly, the BA board on FT was pretty good at keeping track at these types of things. Perhaps they can be helpful as well.

jetsetr likes this.
  5. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the other website. I'll check it out.

Yeah, I went to TOBB, but surprisingly little was found in the BA forum on the new cabin rollouts. Everything was dated, IMHO.

Appreciate the response.

6. Primula
    Original Member

Primula Silver Member

Status Points:
    jetsetr likes this.
  7. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
  8. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would say that it is hit or miss with the SFO-LHR route. I am about 50/50 with it right now. I do it in first every other week so I can say it isn't 100 percent, but certainly your odds aren't bad. I'd contact YouFirst right now, and book your cabana and spa appointments at T5 Concorde Room. Also don't forget to have a glass or two of champagne at the CCR by the fire quite nice. Food is pretty good too -- I'd recommend the pudding for lunch (beef pie), and a glass of scotch.

jetsetr likes this.
  9. jetsetr
    Original Member

jetsetr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the insight! I was told by the YouFirst rep that I can't book cabana and spa until 3 weeks out. Is that true?

10. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe the rule, but I've booked further than 3 weeks call quintessentially concierge at T5 Heathrow, and have them book it. Ask for Cabana 2 much nicer than 1...also make sure to get a razor and toothbrush from the concierge. Odd they don't have them in the rooms.

jetsetr likes this.
  11. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Either the earlier or later flight I can't remember which one is almost 100 percent of new first btw out of SFO...it is on the spreadsheet. I take both depending on the schedule, and they are both nice. Remember you can eat when you want. I tend to sleep first wake up and then eat.

TheBeerHunter and jetsetr like this.
  12. ducster
    Original Member

ducster Gold Member

Status Points:
    TheBeerHunter and jetsetr like this.