New AT&T Passport Plan For International Travel

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Oct 14, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Staying connected while abroad is something I really struggle with. Generally speaking I don't sign up for a phone plan when abroad, so simply use hotel wifi and hotspots to stay connected, and then use Google Voice and Skype to make phone calls. It generally works for me, though now that I often spend weeks at a time abroad, I really do need a better solution. Earlier in the year the T-Mobile Simple Choice International Plan really innovated connectivity for frequent international travelers. As part of that plan, consumers can get unlimited international data and texting in 122 countries at no extra charge and flat-rate calls for just $0.20 a minute. Equally awesome is how simple the plan is (as the name suggests). There is no need to get a special plan or activate it when traveling. You just turn on your phone when you're abroad and it works. Naturally I've been extremely tempted to switch to T-Mobile, though still haven't pulled the trigger. I currently use AT&T, and was ready to dump them in favor of T-Mobile. The only problem is that 90% of the people I ask about T-Mobile look at me in pure horror because of how bad their coverage apparently is in the US (to those of you with T-Mobile, is it true?). The post New AT&T Passport Plan For International Travel appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...