New app that allows users to pay a monthly subscription for unlimited coffee

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by sobore, Apr 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.themalaymailonline.com/e...t-new-york-cafes-offer-coffee-by-subscription

[​IMG]
    Socially conscious caffeine fans are being given a helping hand to support independent stores with the launch of a new app that allows users to pay a monthly subscription for unlimited coffee.

Cups“ is a New York City-based mobile app launching this week that lets members purchase prepaid plans for coffee fixes throughout the city, from SoHo to Long Island.

Coffee lovers can pay US$45 (RM146) per month for an unlimited amount of filter coffee and tea, or US$85 to get espressos, macchiatos, cappuccinos and lattes thrown in.

Available on iOS and Android, the app aims to provide the type of loyalty program that independent coffee shops find it harder than chains to benefit from.

Read More: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/e...t-new-york-cafes-offer-coffee-by-subscription

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's an interesting idea, but it could invite to overindulge. :oops:

blackjack-21 and gregm like this.
  3. gregm

gregm Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can already feel my pulse increasing.

Sunshine7 and blackjack-21 like this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Yeah, here's my app - now do this ten times for my friends I brought with me. One per visit? Let me walk out for a minute and then I'll walk back in."
    I'm curious to see how is this gonna work.

WilliamQ likes this.
  5. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    The site of the news report (Malaysia) and the translated fees in MYR had for a moment made me believed that a NY startup went to Malaysia to launch this creative idea. It would have been a bust as it will not be friends coming in doves. Just the extended family members will kill the program.

Btw, (not sure about iOS) a same google account can be used to register multiple phones which in turn share the "purchased" apps. Does a app that operates on subscription "syncs" over all these devices? e.g. I have a Android phone, an Android phablet and an Android Tablet. They all have similar apps except for those designed specifically for phones and phablets or vice versa.

6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Relax, just take a deep breath, put your feet up, and order a double-double coffee. (Not when you're driving though!) ;)