New Amtrak Guest Rewards Program Revealed

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 31, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Amtrak is relaunching their Guest Rewards frequent rider program starting in January 2016. There are two big aspects to the announcement: • Amtrak will switch from a zone-based award chart to revenue redemptions • Chase will no longer be issuing the co-branded Amtrak credit card The news of this devaluation hit me kind of hard. I've only ever booked one Amtrak Guest Rewards award trip (and that was mostly for my parents), but I've come to appreciate the value of AGR points. Particularly for families. And especially for families that are close to a station on the border of two zones. You see, for those in Denver, or Atlanta, or Albuquerque, or Wolf Point, a single-zone family bedroom could take up to 5 people anywhere within 2/3 of the United States for just 30,000 points. Meals included. Well, Amtrak has now announced that the relaunched Amtrak Guest Rewards will go into effect January 24th, 2016. (They probably intended for it to start at the beginning of the year, but nothing at Amtrak is ever on time.) The good news is that things aren't quite as bad as we expected. For a few folks, it might even be good. The post New Amtrak Guest Rewards Program Revealed appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...