New AMEX Platinum/Business Platinum Cardmember Benefit: HHonors Gold Elite Status

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by NYCUA1K, Oct 7, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    See offer T&C below or click on image to go to the registration portal. Offer does not appear to be targeted, although additional/dependent cardmembers may have to call to enroll. With HHonors Gold being the best second-tier elite status in the business this is a nice benefit, especially for non-HHonors loyalists with no reason to get the Citi Reserve or AMEX Surpass,which also offer this perk, but have the AMEX Platinum.

To enroll, the userid and password you enter are for your AMEX Platinum account and not for your HHonors account. It was not clear when I went to enroll. If you do not have a HHonors account, one will be automatically created for you and the info sent to you by HHonors. It is painless so just do it!

upload_2015-10-7_10-6-14.png

Offer Terms and Conditions

As a Platinum Card® Member or Business Platinum Card® Member you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Hilton HHonors™ Gold status. Offer available only to Platinum Card Members and Business Platinum Card Members and is not transferable. Full details of Gold status can be found at hhonors.com/memberbenefits and is subject to change by Hilton.

Gold status benefits are subject to availability at participating hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio. Once you request enrollment in Hilton HHonors program, American Express will share your enrollment information with Hilton. Hilton may use this information in accordance with its privacy policy available at hhonors.com/privacypolicy.

If you already have Hilton HHonors™ Gold Status, you can maintain the benefit in the future because you do not need to meet any stay requirements. You maintain Gold status without meeting otherwise required criteria only while an eligible Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Hilton HHonors™ membership, earning of Points & Miles when booking direct and redemption of Points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. Visit hhonors.com/terms for more details. © 2015 Hilton Worldwide.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    vickers and Laptop Nomad like this.
  2. Laptop Nomad

Laptop Nomad Silver Member

Status Points:
    I obtained this the last time it was offered. It has come in quite handy on my travels. It saved me from getting the Hilton credit card.

3. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up. After reading this thread, I found the offer under the "benefits" tab of my AMEX Platinum card. I was able to register online using my Hilton credentials:

Thank You!
    Thank you for submitting your enrollment! Please allow up to 72 hours for your enrollment to be processed. Once you are successfully enrolled, you will receive an email from Hilton.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  4. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Got my confirmation of Gold status last night, very quick!

vickers and NYCUA1K like this.
  5. vickers

vickers Gold Member

Status Points:
    And mine was activated this morning. @NYCUA1K how did you find out about this offer? Did you receive an email, or just notice it under your "benefits" tab of the Platinum card? Had you not mentioned it I wouldn't have registered. I don't recall seeing anything from AMEX, but I would be surprised if they didn't send anything. Maybe I missed it.

bez7 and NYCUA1K like this.
  6. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I read about it somewhere, quite likely a blog, and then I checked in my "benefits" to see whether it was targeted or generally available before I posted here.

othermike27, vickers and bez7 like this.
  7. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    othermike27, vickers and bez7 like this.
  8. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is just the personal platinum, correct?

9. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, it is for both the personal and business platinum cards. I have the latter and I was approved, although it is meaningless since I am already a Diamond and can get Gold status through the AMEX Surpass...

flyforawg likes this.
  10. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried with corporate platinum and it was no go.

NYCUA1K likes this.
  11. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, AMEX does not believe that "corporations are people too", so that there are some benefits that the personal and small business platinum cardmembers get that corporate plats do not. These include SPG Gold and now HHonors Gold status that personal and small business platinum cardmembers get but not corporate plat members...

flyforawg likes this.
  12. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will continue to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous credit card benefit fortune.

othermike27 likes this.
  13. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIRC I received an email notice with a phone number to call.

14. flyforawg

flyforawg Silver Member

Status Points:
    My whaaaaaambulance has arrived. Home at the end of the week and the pile of mail has a letter from Amex. Corporate Platinum is now offering HHonors Gold Status. Must call in to get, no web link. Can view all benefits at americanexpress.com/corporateplatinum.
    :confused::eek::):D

NYCUA1K likes this.
  15. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    The HH Gold status benefit for corporate platinum cardholders is quite likely targeted if it is communicated through snail mail and one must call to apply...

flyforawg likes this.