New Amex Everday Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by sharris503, Mar 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    gleff likes this.
  2. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm seriously considering the no-fee every day card. I don't have any AMEX with MR earning mostly because I thought the fees to high. I currently use my Chase Freedom for every day spend (1.1 and 5.5 UR). So I have to see if 1.1 UR is less than or equal to some blend of 2.4 and 1.2 MR. Since I do quite of bit of grocery shopping at Costco, I don't think I'll max out the $6K for groceries. If I try it for a year, analyze my spend and see if it is worth while, then maybe I can upgrade to every day preferred and get that sign up bonus.

3. sharris503

sharris503 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will definitely max out the 6k groceries I shouldn't have a problem with the 30 swipes either which is why I am interested in the annual fee version. If I don't meet the 30 swipes every month I may move down to the no annual fee version after a year. I assume the annual fee will be waived the first year. MR points are one currency I have not started collecting because I haven't had a need for it. That may be changing soon so I am pretty interested in this product.

4. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll have to check if i can buy Visa gift cards at my grocery store on a CC. If so, then buying a $500 Visa gift card for ~$4 fee would be worth the MR earned and easily get me to $6K. Heck, if that works my wife will get one too. Could be a way to add to Bluebird account and pay bills.

5. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Status Points:
    Costco spend won't count as groceries. Amex tags it as a "Wholesale Store".