New AMEX Cardmember Benefit: Get 10 Complimentary Gogo Inflight Iinternet Passes per Year.

Discussion in 'American Express | Membership Rewards' started by NYCUA1K, Feb 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exploring my benefits as an AMEX Business Platinum card member I just saw the following offer, which I believe is new (click on image to go to the activation site):

upload_2015-2-13_8-11-9.png

The 10 complimentary Gogo inflight wifi passes should be a huge benefit for all frequent flyers. They are for me because invariably in the past I have purchased a Gogo pass (more than $20) aboard a flight of 5 hr or more that offered Gogo inflight wifi (e.g. just last week on p.s. from SFO).

This is how it works: after you activate the 10 passes, you are asked to log into your Gogo account (or create one if you do not already have one) and the passes are loaded into it, ready for you to use when you need to. Below is what you see upon successful activation:

upload_2015-2-13_8-22-51.png

I just made the thread title more general because the benefit is not limited to AMEX Biz Plat. You are eligible if you have any one of these cards:

upload_2015-2-13_8-36-44.png

Go for it!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    uggboy and iolaire like this.
  2. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    They used to just credit the charge from Gogo 10x a year; now they give you the credits up front on your Gogo account.

Not new, just a different way of using it.

uggboy, NYCUA1K and flyforawg like this.
  3. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad that I was not award of it and have wasted money for how ever long this policy has been in existence. Glad I finally caught up with it and it has been made even more convenient.

BTW, how did it work in the past? Did you have to submit a claim or was the credit automatic based on Gogo's merchant code? I always put charges for Gogo on the card stored in the account, which is my UA Explorer, but once I did charge to the AMEX biz plat and might have gotten credit if it is automatic.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    uggboy likes this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Never mind. I just found the credit for the one time last year I'd put the charge on my plat AMEX, since I knew the approximate date and I did it because I had famously lost my wallet at HKG airport, but had fortunately memorized the AMEX number and security code, which was the only way I was able to make the purchase.;)

Gogo.png

uggboy and edekba like this.
  5. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    yeah :)

uggboy and NYCUA1K like this.
  6. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the post, I have been using my Arrival Card for this charge...no more...

NYCUA1K likes this.
  7. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would be a nice perk for Platinum Individual Card Holders as well (I use the Boingo) Perk now. Has anu Individual members had the Perk provided by asking. I may just make the call :) Thanks and Safe Travels

NYCUA1K likes this.
  8. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am surprised the individual AMEX Plat is excluded from this perk. Boingo is nice but I seldom get to use it on the ground since there now seems to be free wifi everywhere. But up in the air Gogo reigns supreme - you don't have it, you don't surf.

Flying Machine likes this.
  9. Flying Machine

Flying Machine Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update: I was unable to "pursuade" AMEX Platinum to provide me any sort of Gogo Privilege. Its a Business Perk and for Consumers we have Boingo.. Oh well, gave it a shot..