3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone. I'm Eric, the creator of Aryvl and I want to share with you a new tool we released today, Aryvl Airline Search.

Picking a frequent flyer program is the first step someone new this hobby should do and discovering which airlines fly from your local airports isn't the easiest process until today! Aryvl Airline Search can simplify this process for you!

The simple tool willdetermine which airlines with frequent flyer programs fly from airports nearby to assist frequent travelers starting in our hobby (newbies!).

If you allow Aryvl access to your location, we will return your closest airports automatically or if you would prefer you can enter a city. Currently results are limited to airports in America but results will include most global airlines which have a frequent flyer program.

Aryvl has plans to bring new features to Airline Search:
    • Highlight hub airports
    • Recommended the best frequent flyer programs for your personal travel goals
    • Ability to enter a destination to discover the amount of miles required for a reward flight

We need you!
    Aryvl needs your feedback to help bring new tools to the community! Please let us know the features you want and need!

We look forward to bringing new tools to help the MilePoint community and can't wait for your feedback. Let us know what you think!

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Drlucy, uggboy and iolaire like this.
  2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems to work. PSG shows AS only as it should. But IAD seems to leave off many including Copa, Qatar, Emirates, and Iceland Air to name a few. I don't really know who the tool would be useful for other than someone who knows nothing about flying and will only get one credit card... If they are following your lead and getting 4.5 million miles I don't really see a need for the tool.

Also I recommend against using clip art/PR photos, get some decent iPhone photos from your trips and put those up. (this is re the consulting page)

uggboy, traveltoomuch and emtesenair like this.
  3. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll work to get those mentioned added to the results. It's a work in progress and as you mentioned it isn't going to be useful for everyone in its current state. It would serve best for someone with little knowledge who would like a quick glance at the airports and airlines in their area. More like a personalized link page to airline frequent flyer programs.

As the site grows, so will the tool to provide additional features which will help others more established in the hobby.

I'll update the consulting page soon :)

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Particularly for smaller airports, it might be nice to know the available destinations. Example: JetBlue serves ORH, but where do they go (non-stop)? UA serves MHT, but do they go to DEN non-stop?

uggboy and iolaire like this.
  5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This would be helpful for large airports as well. For example I'm always trying to figure out where someone fly's to the US. For example where Japan Airlines from NRT to the US. The alliance maps work a bit but they are cumbersome to use. Or for example to figure out if someone fly's non-stop from IAD to EZE.

daninstl, justing and uggboy like this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://openflights.org :-:

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    daninstl and iolaire like this.
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just did a quick search on GNV (where I grew up). Results include DAB which is closer as the crow flies but further by drive time than MCO and TPA, neither of which are included. Also, I see very, very small value in the list provided. If I want to know what airlines fly from an airport there are already many ways to find that info.

daninstl and iolaire like this.
  8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    This tool would be helpful to me if it showed all the airlines (not just the big guys) and the nonstop destinations available (not connecting flight destinations) but only the nonstop airports you can fly or hub to from a given airport.

9. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points:
    MY Credit History would be ZERO following your deals!

"The Paris Insider Guide is a great source for what’s happening this year.

Let’s see how it’s possible to visit both cities for around $100.

THE CARDS
    Disclaimer: I do not have a financial relationship with any bank. Opinions expressed on this post are my own.

This plan requires a couple to open six new cards, three per person, and spend $7,000 each within 90 days of opening the cards. Meeting this high of spend may be challenging for many people new to credit card churning. To spread out the spend requirement the couple could divide the cards into 2 churns, or sessions, instead of opening the cards all in one day.

The couple would stagger the cards by applying for 1 or 2 cards each for a maximum of 3 at once. For example:

Day 1: He opens 2 card, she opens 1 card
    Day 91: He opens 1 card, she opens 2 cards

It’s best to wait 90 days before signing up for new credit.

*Before applying for new credit, your credit score should be above 700 and you should be able to pay off credit cards in full each month."

daninstl likes this.
  10. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not certain how your credit score would be zero after applying for 2 cards day 1 and 1 card 90 days later. Please help me understand.

I churn upwards of 5-6 cards at a time and my credit score is around 740.

daninstl likes this.
  11. emtesenair

emtesenair Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like your idea. I'm working on an updated version of this tool and hope to be able to share more information soon.

daninstl likes this.
  12. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not useful. Misses many major airlines that fly to msp, plus includes at least one that does not, plus includes the dividend miles prigram that no longer exists. Also ignores partnerships.

daninstl likes this.
  13. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Concur. When I looked at SFO, it showed Finnair as one of the airlines (hasn't flown to SFO in many years). But it didn't show Aer Lingus, Air China... (I gave up at that point). Then I tried a few smaller airports like EUG or ACV and got nothing.

daninstl likes this.
  14. euromannn
    Original Member

euromannn Gold Member

Status Points: