New (Again) to Marriott

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by webdes03, Jan 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So let me preface by saying it has been over 3 years since I've stayed at a Marriott property. My account has maybe 250 points left in it, and it hasn't been touched in that time. Since then I've focused on Hilton and Starwood status (Starwood preferred due to the awesome points:miles conversion).

I just discovered that I'm starting a 16 week project in Atlanta and the client has a corporate rate at the Ritz Carlton in downtown Atlanta. I guess the good news is that it's a Ritz Carlton, but as someone who has zero Marriott status and hasn't done any business with Marriott in so long, I'm starting at the bottom of the barrel.

Any tips on moving up the Marriott ladder and maximizing the redemption to miles?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. Ed Ip

Ed Ip Silver Member

Status Points:
    The easiest I can think of is to call Marriott and request a Platinum status challenge which I think is 9 stays within 90 days (not 100% on that).

Kalboz and MyTravels like this.
  3. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    What about getting a Ritz Carlton credit card?

Kalboz and MyTravels like this.
  4. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if your corp rate includes the Ritz-Carlton Club Room, but if not, you may note that the Marriott Atlanta Marquis and Hilton Atlanta Towers Downtown are close to the Ritz downtown (as is a Hyatt Regency).

Kalboz likes this.
  5. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Awesome, thanks! I've stayed at the Hilton downtown a couple times, and was a fan of 22 Stories (I think it was called)... open air bar in the atrium of the Hyatt. I believe it was the Hyatt, it has been a couple years now.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have all referral's for 2013 left. Please PM me for a Marriott Sign Up Referral. There is 10,000 points sign up bonus available for NEW members only.

Refer a Friend Details:
    * Earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points for each stay your referrals make
    beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays per referral.
    * Your friends will also earn 2,000 Marriott Rewards bonus points beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays. That’s 10,000 bonus points for them in addition to the base points they’ll earn.
    * Stays at any participating hotels qualify, and must be made within 365 days of enrollment

MyTravels and Kalboz like this.