New AC YYZ International Business Class Lounge

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by The Lev, Nov 10, 2017.

1. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    AC will be opening a new International Business Class lounge in YYZ in the near future.

Have been invited to a "preview" including dinner on November 23rd.

Lots of speculation on FT about who will be admitted/not once it opens

YULtide likes this.
  2. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Went to the preview last night - not much I can say until December 1st, but those who are ultimately "invited" to the lounge will enjoy the experience.

I suspect I won't be in there nearly as often as I might have wished.

YULtide likes this.
  3. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looking forward to your review on the 1st.

4. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    I popped in for a few minutes over the holidays. Warm greeting from two concierges, one of whom checked me in to the lounge, then I was met by a hostess who offered to check my carry on into a luggage room and proffered a menu. I said my flight was due to board in 15 minutes, so I only had time for a quick look and a drink. Found a spot to relax and then went to the bar to seek out a glass of champagne. Bartender said they'd bring it over, so I wandered toward the buffet in search of a couple of nibbles. Got back to my seat and the bartender appeared with a glass and the bottle, and poured the champagne there. Someone else appeared with a napkin (no buttonhole) and cutlery. (I hadn't figured I'd need cutlery because the couple of nibbles were finger food.)

As it developed, the flight was delayed, so I could have ordered some canapés, but no matter.

A very nice space with attentive staff. Hoping for a return visit some time.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
    mevlannen and The Lev like this.
  6. mevlannen
    Original Member

mevlannen Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nifty experience -- thanks for reporting in! Is the new lounge inside the wire or outside the wire? (Am wondering this, in light of your saying that you were only 15 minutes from boarding time).

YULtide likes this.
  7. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely inside the wire - by gate 77. No more than a few minute walk from any of the relevant international gates.

15 minutes before boarding means 45 minutes of lounge time to me. Enough for a full meal in that lounge.

YULtide likes this.
  8. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, fair point. I was pushing it a bit already, but could have planned it better and pushed more. Next time!

9. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting epilogue: I received a survey request regarding this flight, and they asked whether I used the MLL, but no questions about the Signature Suite.

10. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Had breakfast, made to order, in the new lounge this am and found it to be quite nice. It was very quiet, less than 1/3rd full but very efficient. They check your bags and have it staffed with experienced concierges. I am continuing to lobby AC for more access. Being a lifetime SE and flying to Europe on Latitude passes should be good enough for entry as there are not very many of us.

YULtide likes this.