New AA website, seems to require notifications for each flight?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by estnet, Sep 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there some way to either
    A Enter that I want notifications for ALL flights in my profile or

B for a specific PNR enter notifications request for all flights at once, rather than each segment?

Newscience and timfrost like this.
  2. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Under your account, at the top, there is a box for "BeNotified" which allows you to set blanket preferences for all your flights. Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 08.14.29.png
    ---------------Once you click through to the next page, it will display your contact information, then if you click edit it will show your current preferences and allow you to modify them.---------------
    Screen Shot 2015-09-20 at 08.15.45.png

-------------However, I can't find any way to set alerts for just one PNR. Hope this is helpful. :)-----------------

3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually I have had all these set up for years!

Mostly they don't seem to work, but I have never seen individual boxes to check for alerts on each flight segment like I did yesterday
    BTW how do you copy aND paste the part of the web page?

timfrost likes this.
  4. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have a Mac: If you press Command+Shift+4 it turns your cursor into a cropping tool. Select the area you want to screenshot and it will automagically ;) create an image file of that area on the desktop with a timestamp, ready to be sent or posted. If you don't mind displaying the whole desktop, Command+Shift+3 will do your entire screen.

Windows is far more complicated, IMO. Here is a how-to because I don't know how myself, despite using a Windows PC at work:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

If you've had them set up for years and they aren't working, I would recommend unchecking ALL of the boxes, then saving that as a preference, then re-checking all of the ones you want and re-saving it. That might kick some bad data out of the system, but it's just a hunch - I have no real experience with it.

Dublin_rfk and flyforawg like this.
  5. timfrost

timfrost Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ok, now I think I'm crazy. Am I the only one who can't find the tool to rename your trip under the redesign changes?