New AA T3 in ORD Restaurant Offering - Bubbles Wine Bar

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Was meandering to baggage claim on my way home from YUL on Monday and ran across a new site in T3:

bubbles.JPG

bubbles2.JPG

It's a wine bar (obviously) but also serves sushi. Here's a LINK to a press release about the opening.

The Bubbles Wine Bar, located in Terminal 3 near Gate H4, focuses on bubbly beverages together with sushi roll pairings. First introduced by HMSHost at Amsterdam’s Schiphol International Airport and named by Executive Life magazine as one of the “chic-est airport bars,” Bubbles has now crossed the Atlantic to become one of the newest treasures of U.S. domestic airports. With an elegant approach to dining, Bubbles features boutique beers and sparkling wines together with delectable dishes of specialty sushi rolls, such as Maki Classic Rolls including the California Roll or the Spicy Tuna Roll. Specialty Rolls include the Spider Roll with deep fried soft shell crab, avocado, asparagus, chives, spicy mayo and tobiko (red flying fish roe).

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oooooo! Something to look forward to on ORD layovers!!

3. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    There's also Tortas Frontera that opened up recently: MENU LINK. Have you tried that? It was in T1 originally but did so well they opened up in T3.

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  4. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Actually, yes -- on my last MR there (thank god THOSE are over for the year) we split a sandwich from there. Hate to think of the calorie count, but the pepito torta was really tasty.

I am glad to know it's new -- been through ORD so many times and have always been really sad about the food offerings; I thought I was blind and just hadn't seen the Bayless place before. It's a nice addition for sure. Sounds like they're trying to make their options more upscale at T3 -- that's good news.

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Agreed, I'm happy to see some improvements. Tortas Frontera used to be a Hudson News outpost (as if T3 doesn't have enough of those!). The new Bubbles Wine Bar is in the same area as Tortas Frontera where T3 splits in to the H and K concourses. Bubbles is in the same space/area as the Vosges Chocolate shop.

6. JY1024
    Original Member

JY1024 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oooh - very interesting! Will have to check it out when I'm transiting ORD next week. Thanks for the pics! :)

7. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Please be sure to come back and provide us a review!

8. JY1024
    Original Member

JY1024 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well, I ended up transiting ORD in the morning, so didn't have a chance to grab a bite/drink at Bubbles, but the area does look neat. Nice bar, lounge chairs, and ambiance. The player piano was pre-loaded and happened to be playing the "Cheers" TV show theme song. :)

I did have a few minutes to grab a bite, so figured I'd try Tortas Frontera. Even though it was morning, they were able to make items from the full menu. (Only soup and guac wasn't available.) I had the shrimp tortas, which was quite flavorful. The shrimp ended up being a bit chewy after being cooked, chilled, spread on my sandwich, heated under the broiler, then grilled on the panini press. But overall, it still hit the spot. Definitely a bit steep to pay $12 (just a little over $13 after tax) for a regular-sized sandwich, but hey, it's the airport.

9. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had some sushi at the new T3 outlet. It was good and fast. Great to see some new eating alternatives at ORD.

_kurt and TheBeerHunter like this.
  10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I had sticker shock myself when I first ate there (actually I walked from T3 to T1 to try the first outlet in the UA terminal) but it certainly beats some of the other lackluster offerings in T3.