New AA GLD Benefits on BA

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by DestinationDavid, Oct 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

Our enhanced relationship with British Airways and Iberia continues to provide more benefits to make your global travel experience easier and more rewarding. As part of those enhancements, we are happy to announce that effective November 1, AAdvantage Gold members will begin earning the 25% elite status bonus miles for all of their travel on British Airways.

AAdvantage Gold members will begin earning the 25% elite status bonus miles for all of their travel on British Airways
    • Priority stand-by and waitlisting
    • Complimentary access to seat selection at seven (7) days prior to departure
    Our relationship with British Airways and Iberia has allowed us to build an extensive network around key strategic cities, bringing coordinated fares and schedules to more than 400 destinations in over 100 countries with approximately 5,200 daily departures. We hope you are enjoying the additional flight options and opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles across all three carriers, along with these new benefits.

Check out our new bonus mile offer. Earn more than 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for transatlantic travel on American Airlines, British Airways or Iberia between now and December 31, 2011

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for posting! :) It's good to see earlier seating options...especially if I drop to Gold at some point! :)

3. zpaul

zpaul Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for that; mine arrived in Spanish and I didn't want to post it as my translation skills and phone would have resulted in massive wonkiness. Good to see bonus miles will be accrued in additional places!

4. Eloy Fonseca Neto
    Original Member

Eloy Fonseca Neto Silver Member

Status Points:
    Forgive me the lack of info, but what about the PLAT and EXP??? Are they already earning the 100% Bonus miles??

5. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yes. BA introduced a new tier within their FF program this week which corresponds to AA's GLD level. BA already had levels that corresponded to PLT and EXP so earning and benefits were already provided.

6. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    From the passenger's perspective one of the main points of an alliance is to extend the experience and benefits one receives on ones "home" carrier to that on other alliance members (otherwise what's the point?). With that in mind, I'd just like to say "About Bloody Time too!" to this piece of news.

7. miamiguy006

miamiguy006 Active Member

Status Points:
    if I booked an award ticket on BA before I was AA GLD and just became AA GLD after this new tiered OW benefits were announced, does that mean I can now go in and select the seats for both legs of the flight on the BA.com website?

8. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to MP miamiguy006.

I'm not an expert on BA's system, but I'd imagine it's not too different than AA's. You'd most likely need to have your reservation "refreshed" to reflect your new status. With AA this can easily be done by having CS remove and then add your AA FF # back to the reservation.

Then again, BA might have it's own specifics.