New 25% TO 100% bonus miles??

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by AZjohn, Mar 4, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK, just got an e-mail saying US will give me 25% to 100% bonus match if I buy or share miles (no mention of what CC I use).

Couple of questions for anyone who might know:

Won't need these miles until late 2013 or early 2014, has anyone caome out and say it will be a 1:1 match for AA miles on OW?

Went to the link to buy and after entering my account info I was offered 75% bonus, I would like to know how to get the 100% bonus:) , suggestion?

Thanks

autolycus likes this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would imagine that it would be to allow the US members to up their totals prior to being absorbed into AAdvantage. What you have written leads me to believe that 1:1 is probably not the exchange but probably something like 5:3 or thereabouts.

AZjohn likes this.
  3. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    US Airways has been running buy, gift and share bonuses almost every month for a couple years now. This isn't really anything new related to the merger. I think most in the industry would be stunned if the conversion is anything other than 1:1.

I just got this email, and it's giving me 75% bonus. Considering I just did it last week at 100% bonus, I'm going to pass. My wife is being offered the 100% bonus. She was offered no bonus last month. So if I decide I need the miles for something, I'll just use her account to gift miles to me with the 100% bonus.

AZjohn and viguera like this.
  4. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah they've been doing this for a minute, pretty much on a monthly basis, alternating between targeted and free-for-all promos. I was targeted for the earlier January promo but nothing in February, and now I got 75% bonus in March.

It does make you wonder though if the well will eventually run dry. I've always considered Dividend Miles the easiest / cheapest to acquire when these promos run, and with the upcoming integration with AA you certainly can see some sort of future value to having a sizeable stockpile, but then they go and do something like unceremoniously killing off the 60k European awards during off-peak, and you suddenly don't want to have too many miles that you're not going to put to immediate use, just in case.

What if this is the last promo though? :) I'm with you, and figuring they run 100% bonus promos every other month you figure you'd pass on 75%, but what if? :)

AZjohn and autolycus like this.
  5. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I assume AAdvantage pricing will be the norm for the merged airline. That means a lower "normal" price but lower bonus offers.

I was tempted to load up my wife's account in addition to mine last month, but decided that the immediate cash outlay required isn't worth it to me. I picked up 100k so in a few weeks--when my 2nd CC bonus posts--I will have enough for 2 roundtrips to Europe or North Asia in business, and nearly enough for 2 to Aus/NZ.

viguera and AZjohn like this.
  6. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like a lot of people, I got in with last years 100% share deal, which was freakin great (used it for *A RT saver C Europe trip).

Knowing if I do this one (or maybe one down the road if possible) miles will not be used until post merger, which is OK if there is a 1:1 but sounds like nobody will know for sure for a while.

Thanks again