New 2013 UGS now being processed

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by adambadam, Dec 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well for those who thought they might have a chance this year... my dad noticed he was instated as UGS sometime in the last day or so. He probably did nearly 100K+ FF BIS on UA this year. Glad to be his MM companion :)

paladinua and Wandering Aramean like this.
  2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's not really just the BIS flown but the revenue provided. If he flew 100k BIS on expensive fares then that would make sense but if he bought the cheapest fares then it does not.

3. Daily Traveler

Daily Traveler Active Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know how/when you find out if you did not get it? This was my first year as GS and I travelled a couple fewer international business trips. I noticed the upgrade to GS this time last year when I logged into UA online, just not sure how I'd see a downgrade since status technically lasts until 1/31/13.

4. adambadam
    Original Member

adambadam Silver Member

Status Points:
    I meant FF to be full fare, sorry for the confusion. He passed 100K PQM status much earlier in the year.

5. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there any sort of notification or they just change 1K to UGS on the "My Account" landing page?

6. Black Cloud
    Original Member

Black Cloud Gold Member

Status Points:
    You get a call from Chuck Norris who tells you "I am Global. I am Service. You are Global Services" and then hangs up.

rggale, fozz, genemk2 and 6 others like this.
  7. Daily Traveler

Daily Traveler Active Member

Status Points:
    Last year it just popped up on my login screen "global services" and I started getting the benefits in mid-December. But since you keep benefits until 1/31 I'm curious how they handle a downgrade. Customer service said they "don't start looking at it until January". So maybe last year was unique, but per this thread, it wouldn't seem to be.