New 1K Perk!

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by 8MiHi, Feb 2, 2016.  |  Print Topic

1. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    Dublin_rfk likes this.
  2. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    8MiHi likes this.
  3. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    It does not appear to apply to travel companions.

Dublin_rfk likes this.
  4. Dublin_rfk

Dublin_rfk Gold Member

Status Points:
    Depends on the FA. Mine was over the top service wise, greeted me as a 1K when taking my drink order and congratulated the +1 for her good taste in traveling companion.

8MiHi likes this.
  5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    A good FA can truly add to the pleasure of traveling.
    Acknowledging good customers is a major step towards maintaining good customers. I hope for all of the 1Ks out there that fly with companions the FAs have the latitude to provide such service.
    While I will not be eligible for this perk, I was hoping the drink chits that come with Platinum would be eligible for food this year since I generally don't drink alcoholic beverages.

mht_flyer and Dublin_rfk like this.
  6. AAEXPmember

AAEXPmember Active Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if I can play the game starting this year matching statuses each of the next 3 years on UA, DL, AS.. AAEXP has been great but now it's out of reach for $9200+ spend

7. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    My experience over the last 5 years suggests that any benefits that you think can be gained from gaming the system are unlikely to be continued as they are. You might get it to work once, but I would not count on it working at a high level into the future.
    They are using better metrics to determine which flyers are profitable and are smarter about giving perks to those that pass muster.

Dublin_rfk and Steve GadFly like this.
  8. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I purchased some last minute tickets on UA inside 24h and only got upgraded on one out of four flights. :(

I guess I will enjoy the new perk in E+ with free food and drinks on my next three flights.

8MiHi and Dublin_rfk like this.