Netflix = Good Fulfillment - Any others?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by A5Globetrotter, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. A5Globetrotter

A5Globetrotter Active Member

Status Points:
    Signed up for the AA offer through Netflix, got the 2500 miles 4 days later. Cancelled account, good to go - $8 for 2500 without having to remember much.

Anyone have similar experience with promo offers? By contrast, signed up for the FedEx offer a while back and still haven't received the Skymiles...

savydog and raysian like this.
  2. Kaiser
    Original Member

Kaiser Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did the AA Netflix offer a few days ago and I was surprised to see the miles post so quickly also.

I still haven't received any SkyMiles from the FedEx offer either but T&C says it take 6-8 weeks. I shipped a package to get 500 more plus you are supposed to receive 3 miles per dollar spent through March 31st. Maybe the 6 to 8 weeks is after the end of March and not when you enrolled or shipped a package...

I also signed up for the Amex Single Identity Theft Protection for 5,000 Skymiles a few days ago. I paid for one month ($9.99) and I am going to cancel before they charge for the second month. The T&C states it takes 8-12 weeks for miles to post. Here is the link if anyone is interested: https://www.singleidentity.net/global/scripts/promo.asp?ref=AMXEMAIL0099

I also did the Skymiles Dining Step Right Up bonus and you get a 500 mile bonus for every $50 you spend and those show up just a few days after I cross the $50 thresholds.

I am still waiting on the AA 250 mile Best Western bonus. Anyone get those miles yet?

3. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am still waiting on the AA 250 mile Best Western bonus. Anyone get those miles yet?[/quote]

No points yet. But did get a Best Western Rewards Card and instructions how to log on online

4. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    No points yet. But did get a Best Western Rewards Card and instructions how to log on online[/quote]

I just got that today too...I was wondering why!

5. weinskkb
    Original Member

weinskkb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried to quote just part of Kaiser's post above me (last sentence). I guess my computer skills are lacking more than I thought. 250 AA points aren't much but I'll take them.

6. tarheelblue
    Original Member

tarheelblue Silver Member

Status Points:
    My 500 mile bonus had a Delta posting date in my account of 5 weeks after the package was shipped. Regular miles for each dollar spent posted at the same time. Fortunately the package arrived much sooner than the miles.....

7. bbbb
    Original Member

bbbb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone know if you can use the same AA account number a second time with Netflix, by using another CC and email? I know its says no but I need to hear it from some one that tried and failed:)

8. Early on in this promo, I was able to get this bonus a few times. Then they clamped down and now it won't even let you attempt to try again with an account that has already been used.

9. syphlix
    Original Member

syphlix Silver Member

Status Points:
    wombat18 likes this.
  10. A5Globetrotter

A5Globetrotter Active Member

Status Points:
    Update: Got the Best Western 250 in less than 24 hours!

Follow me on Twitter: @A5Globetrotter

travelingmore likes this.
  11. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried it the other day. Didn't even get past the first page of the offer because it recognized my AA # as having already received the bonus (which I received last year).

12. bbbb
    Original Member

bbbb Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't you hate it when they are on top of their game![​IMG]

13. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for Netflix offer for 2000 UA mi (+2000 for the MP Visa holders, which I have) on Monday. Nothing yet, but you know, it's only been 3 days.

Still waiting on the 500 DL miles from the SingleIdentity promo (signed up 2/15) and the 250 AA miles from joining Best Western (signed up 2/7).

14. Kaiser
    Original Member

Kaiser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you have a stay since you signed up?

I received an email from Best Western saying that I would get the 250 miles after my first stay. The promotion states that you get the miles JUST for signing up. I just emailed them about it so hopefully find out something soon.

15. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Haven't seen Best Western miles yet, not too optimistic about those. The DL/AMEX SingleIdentity miles posted after about 6 weeks, about a month after I had canceled the service.

16. Kaiser
    Original Member

Kaiser Silver Member

Status Points:
    Delta is now offering 2500 Skymiles for joining Netflix as well.

https://delta.netflix.com/offer.jsp?src=nflxPP0310

I have had my primary Netflix account for a while and signed up under another email and credit card to get the 2500 AAdvantage miles and canceled. I want to do the Delta offer but would like to avoid changing my billing address multiple times. Has anyone had any success using a prepaid card to sign up?

17. akcae
    Original Member

akcae Silver Member

Status Points:
    Update: The Netflix sign-up bonus of 4000mi posted yesterday. Nothing yet on the other two. I think I'll be emailing BW tomorrow. SingleIdentity bonus expected in the next couple of weeks.

18. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    MY 1000 Skymiles from Fed Ex posted yesterday. I signed up on Jan. 26, so it did take 6-8 weeks.

19. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ugh. I signed up with a 1200 mile link. Boo to me. Would have loved the additional 1300 miles.

20. Force
    Original Member

Force Active Member

Status Points:
    Signed up on Saturday and got the miles on Tuesday (UA 4000). Quick and easy.

21. santafefran
    Original Member

santafefran Silver Member

Status Points:
    Since I am already a Netflix member I used the AA 2500 link to sign up under my husband's email and a different credit card. Everything went through. At least he will get the miles on his AA account..

22. Kaiser
    Original Member

Kaiser Silver Member

Status Points:
    After a couple emails back and forth to Best Western my 250 AA miles posted today. I will be sending emails on behalf of my family members I signed up that have not received the miles yet in their AA accounts. Best Western is honoring this but seems like you have to email them to get the miles to post.

23. steelgal32
    Original Member

steelgal32 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I signed up for aa, ua, and will now do delta miles. For $8.00 and 2 minutes of time, this is well worth it. No surveys to answer, just fast points. As for ua, my miles did not post until my billing cycle hit.

YULtide likes this.
  24. ahow628
    Original Member

ahow628 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just experienced something interesting using the eShopping portal. My wife purchased two pairs of shoes on 6pm.com a couple months back. She ended up returning one pair with free return shipping because they didn't fit. We got credit for 2060 miles but then there was a debit for -971 of the miles for the pair that was returned. Makes sense.

However, on my AA statement, the miles were posted as a +2060 mile trasaction and a -971 mile transaction. The negative transaction only affected the redeemable miles portion of my statement. The total lifetime miles which count for lifetime status were not. Interesting.

Anyone else seen this?

akcae likes this.