Net SAAver Getaways - anyone pay attention to these?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by skyhook, Nov 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. skyhook
    Original Member

skyhook Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm new to AA and hadn't seen the "This Weekend" and "Next Weekend" fares until today.

http://www.aa.com/netsaaver/viewNet...mesticGetaways_0ap.xml&locale=en_US&saleId=10

Is anyone familiar with booking these? When do the fares become available? The promo page says "Prices are valid as of 6:00 PM (CT), November 11, 2013" -- but these fares are definitely not currently available.

The page doesn't describe when the fare is posted, but their RSS feed says that fares are available Tuesday - Friday. http://rss.aa.com/DomesticThisWeekend.xml

Does anyone know when these fares are activated? Tuesday midnight Dallas time? Some time in the morning?

Newscience likes this.
  2. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I don't know the details but usually check them to see what is available for my airport. I've never found a deal worth buying through it, though.

flyforawg and Newscience like this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    They sometimes have some good deals but you have to be really flexible with your time, and be willing to put up with the restrictions.

They had JFK-LAX this weekend that just passed I think for well under $300, but you needed to leave after 7pm on Friday or anytime Saturday and come back Monday/Tuesday. That's generally a good price for that route, but again only works for you if you're willing to travel last minute and don't mind the dates.

Oh, and you can sign up to get notified when the new ones get posted. It's usually during the evening on Mondays or Tuesdays. Right now they have the dates loaded for this upcoming weekend.

skyhook likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They are typically released late Monday afternoon for weekend travel 12 days hence. I've watched them over the years and never really found anything compelling. The 7pm Friday/Saturday outbound and Monday/Tuesday return is standard for the fares.

viguera likes this.
  5. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've seen some good NetSAAver deals, but the requirement to return on a Monday or Tuesday has kept me from taking advantage of them as I usually can't take time off work on such short notice.

viguera likes this.
  6. Captain Oveur
    Original Member

Captain Oveur Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've looked over the past couple of months, never found anything to my liking.

Frankly, you're better off looking at the Mileage Run page here on Milepoint and finding a better deal (I found LAX-ORD-PEK for $666 last week).

7. xhunter33x

xhunter33x Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had the same problem in that the fares are never available. I used to live in Palm Springs, where fares are generally very high, so the weekend fares looked like a great deal. I am retired and so my schedule is wide open and I still could never find anything close to the advertised fare. It would still be the same $350.00 round trip to Vegas that it always is. If you are ever able to snag one, please let me know as I think that one is the number of seats that qualify. ;-)