Needing advice for using Starwood Points for hotel booking in Europe

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by spirith20, Feb 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. spirith20

spirith20 Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm hoping someone who is much more familiar with Europe can give us some advice for booking a hotel while in Europe using our Starwood points. Ideally we'd like to visit mulitiple countries. We're simply trying to figure out which Starwood properties offer the best value/biggest bang for our points. Countries being considered are: Sweden, the Netherlands, CZech Republic, Croatia, Hungary and Cyprus. Any helpful insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hotels in Stockholm are pretty pricey during the summer so a good place to use points.

marcwint55 likes this.
  3. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hotels in the Netherlands are nice, but I would avoid the airport location. The Hague is particular has a very nice property. In Croatia ,the Le Meridien in Split was a very nice hotel and the service we received was excellent. In Zagreb I would choose the Westin. If you go to Dubrovnik, no SPG but the Hilton is just outside the old city wall and is a fantastic location. I would not miss Dubrovnik if going to Croatia. I would also check out the islands of Hvar and Korcula. No SPG properties, but well worth seeing if you are going to go there. I did not stay at the SPG property in Hungary, but I saw it while I was there and I think you can find much better properties to stay at if you want to go there. Sweden and Cyprus I do not know and can't help with any advice.

MX and Jimgotkp like this.
  4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Le Meridien Budapest is pretty awesome if you can get to the upper floors (7 and above), and it's only a cat.3.

marcwint55 likes this.