Need UA ticket, but insufficient miles. Got plenty of KLM miles... Anyone need (a) KLM ticket(s)?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by CescoAiel, Jan 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I am looking at traveling to the US from NL with the family this summer vacation. :D

I have plenty of KLM miles, and they work great inside Europe, because they include the surcharges, but for intercontinental trips, you cannot use miles to pay for the (fuel) surcharges, which makes the 'free' award tickets very expensive. (About EUR 325, or $435, per ticket!)
    I could get 3 tickets on United (their add-on fees are much lower for intercontinental travel, but they charge more miles) for the miles I have on my MileagePlus account, but there's 4 of us, so I am short one ticket (or almost 44k miles) there.
    As we do not have the special offers (for credit cards, etc.) they offer in the USA, I won't be able to make 44k miles in time to book these tickets for this August...

Is there anyone on here that has sufficient miles for a United ticket (60k), but needs KLM/AF tickets, and is willing to do a trade?

Sweet Willie likes this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    (bolding mine), just a thought, chance is not a word you should use when trading.;)

To claify, you W: 60k UA and are offering 60K KLM ?

CescoAiel and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, as our plans are laid out currently, I will need a ticket from AMS to (most likely) IAH, and a return from SFO to AMS at 60K UA (plus taxes) and willing to offer 60K KLM (or a little more, depending on individual ticket costs, but within reason) in exchange...

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right! Corrected it... Thx!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't pull up the FB Award Chart on my iPhone but what can one get with 60k FB points?

6. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, a return from Europe to US is 50k for a standard award (25k for a saver award); inside europe return flights are mostly below 30k
    Amsterdam - Rome is 25k
    Amsterdam - Paris is 20k

Just as an indication...

7. CescoAiel

CescoAiel Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems I'm out of luck here... Guess we'll have to wait and revisit the idea next year... :(