Need to join AAA. Any ideas on miles or points for joining?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by daninstl, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know I can use a miles or points credit / debit card to join AAA but does anyone out there know of any miles or hotel points, etc. I can earn for joining? Too bad it wasn't a US air grandslam hit :)
    Thanks.

flyingdawg likes this.
  2. tondoleo
    Original Member

tondoleo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Slickdeals has an occasional promo code or link for AAA.

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Many local clubs tend to have new member discounts and gift offers, sometimes for referrals. I've seen high intensity flashlights, emergency car kits, and books of road maps on offer. These things are likely to be announced in the local club's newsletter, but check the website and be sure to ask. You must request the goodies before joining.

4. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have seen localized US offers in the past and know of preferred employers (like mine, the government) offering discounts but the promotions are related to the regional affiliate. My two homes in Tennessee are covered by two different entities (AAA South for one, AAA East Tennessee for the other).

5. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, but you can often get discounts by being a member, but sometimes it's easy to beat those discounts.

Big benefits are maps, tour books and wrecker service -- I wouldn't waste any time trying to get points for joining.

DTWBOB

miles and smiles likes this.
  6. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Joined AAA recently ($57 total for me) to save $40/night on a 5 night stay...and then the hotel didn't even ask me about it. Oh well...those 5 miles of free towing might come in handy ;-) At least my moral compass is still pointing north...

7. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    That doesn't work with all chains, for example Hilton requires you to enter your AAA number.

DTWBOB

8. daninstl

daninstl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Drury Inn chain also requires you to enter AAA number.