Need to book 2 O/W J FF seats LIS-BOS -Thinking CO 50k is the way to go, correct?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Acker, Nov 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Acker

Acker Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got to get back to BOS from LIS March 2012. I'm about to book 2 x 50k for J seats using CO awards. F would be nice but I don't want to burn the miles if J is adequate. (It will be Lufthansa A340-600 over the water). I'm not missing anything, am I? Using a one-way CO award is the way to go, correct?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is it LH C that you'd be getting? If so that's just a mediocre product and I'd considering paying the extra points for LH F, assuming availability. If it is CO C (i.e. BusinessFirst) then I'd just go with that.

And, yes, the 50K C one-way award is a pretty good deal.

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd also give TAP a try as well, their C product is good from what I am told and personally having tried the LH C product that is rather mediocre so I'd go with... TP/CO/LX over LH at this point.

4. Acker

Acker Silver Member

Status Points:
    An update. I wound up booking 2 F seats LIS-MUC-BOS on LH. We'll have 3 hr 45 minutes to enjoy the FCL in MUC. None of the other airlines - TP/CO/LX - had seats available. It won't be a 380 experience but it will be fun to see the lounge in MUC. 67.5K each seat. After I finished booking, I had 5 miles left in my account. It would have been a drag if I were 5 miles short...

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's actually a decent redemption...You came out ahead!