Need some vacation help...

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by scf, Sep 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. scf

scf Silver Member

the Mrs and I travel to IAH to visit family for xmas each year and instead of the standard (aka boring and no fun) holiday round trip flight we like to extend the adventure and hit some new spots to celebrate the new year.

Last year we did ORD-IAH-MAD-CDG-PRG-ORD for about $1,000 each....we're looking for something similar this year.

Really like the following itinerary:

12/20 - ORD-IAH (US air, via CLT)
    12/27 - IAH-AMS (non-stop on the UA787!!!)
    1/5 - BRU-ORD (non-stop)

but at $1275 - $1500 (approx numbers) the price is way too high and doesn't include trains between AMS-Brugge and Brugge-BRU!

Any thoughts or suggestions?

We're open to most anywhere *A flies to- already looked into doing PTY or LIM but prices are surprisingly high from IAH. Travel to LHR often so London isn't on the top of the list, but it's always a great option. Would like to avoid seriously cold places (ie: CPH, HEL, DME etc). Just booked ORD-EWR-IST for early December so thats a no go....

The dates above are somewhat flexible +/- 2 days although travel from ORD-IAH could be anywhere from 12/19 to the 12/23 and would prefer to return no later than 1/5. Would prefer sub $1,000 a/i.

I know it's an extremely open ended question, but I'm hoping you guys might have some great ideas for some cheap travel!