Need some help booking to SE Asia please

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Quinn1231, Oct 7, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Quinn1231

Quinn1231 New Member

Status Points:
    Hi everyone :). I'm looking to book tickets to SE Asia in February (currently in Alaska) to travel around for 3 months time & then return to AK. I have around 160,000 delta miles & 100,000 US airways miles. I may be silver medallion in 2015 but not sure yet I'm willing to go any route needed so its free:) Any advice would be much appreciated!
    In the past I've never been able to redeem miles for any good deals...

2. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When and when do you want to go, to the warm country.

Since they will not let you go to Homer for the ?New Year Bash..

3. Quinn1231

Quinn1231 New Member

Status Points:
    Looking to go in February to Nepal, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia etc & returning to AK from Australia. Haha I didn't know about the Homer bash.

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    This package is comprehensive and all inclusive so you can relax and enjoy the night, so all gratuities are included for your dinner and breakfast. Come see us for a wonderful evening that includes your room, dinner, dessert, drinks, tickets to the best NYE party in Homer, New Year’s Day Brunch with specialty coffee drink of your choice.

Lands End, Homer Alaska on the Spit..

Will check out the trip, bed time.,in the lower 48

5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK, do you want economy only, or is business or first class desired? Are you willing to supplement with paid cash flights for short flights (like, say, Bangkok to Siem Reap)?

You have enough miles to book Alaska->SE Asia, Australia->Alaska on Delta in business class as an open-jaw round trip. The problem is that both US Airways and Delta only allow round-trips at the moment, meaning you'd end up wasting miles on a return leg were you to book with them, but you might be able to book something like this:

Delta: ANC-SEA(AS)-HKG(DL)
    US Airways: HKG-BKK(stop, CX)-KUL-SYD(destination, MH)-HKG(unused return, CX)
    Delta: SYD-LAX(DL or VA)-ANC(AS)

You would then need to do your flying out of BKK (relatively central place to visit Cambodia, Indonesia or Kathmandu).

The problem is what would REALLY come in handy here are any award currency where one ways are available (ideally something like British Airways Avios where the short flights cost a small amount of Avios).

6. Quinn1231

Quinn1231 New Member

Status Points:

7. Quinn1231

Quinn1231 New Member

Status Points:
    I'm ok with supplementing money if needed & either class flying is ok too. Unfortunately have bulk of my miles with Delta, US & a few other US carriers only. I figure I can get around pretty cheap from BKK & use the miles to get over to SE Asia & back to AK.....
    Thanks for help :)