Need some advice...

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by stpat1, Dec 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. stpat1
    Original Member

stpat1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and I stopped taking our family to Hawaii for vacation in part after our five and three year old told us after the trip that the parts they loved best were the abc stores and the pool. Don't get me wrong I love abc stores and Hawaii has some pretty neat pools but that's not worth the stress of sitting through a six hour flight with young kids (we are the parents that work really hard to keep the kids entertained and well behaved) and spending the money and redeeming the necessary Hawaiian miles to take the trip.

Also, after our last trip one of our children went through a pretty bad spell of febrile seizures that kept us from flying over large expanses of water. Its been two years since the last seizure (knock on wood), and the doctor says we were good to fly last year (we waited an extra year, and the planned trip is another 11 months out for good measure as we don't want to put our child at risk or inconvenience anyone else).

Our issue is that the last few times we've flown over on Hawaiian using miles they've broken us up to accommodate folks paying full fares. Usually I've been able to get things rearranged on the phone or lets be honest its pretty easy to get people to switch seats on a six hour flight when a five year old without parents is sitting next to you. With the kids a little older we aren't too worried about playing the game as we attempt to get everyone to sit together, But when you throw in the medical issue I really think for good measure we really need to be together should there unexpectedly be a medical emergency.

Does anyone have any tips on what to do to try to make sure I can try to keep everyone together when flying on miles? Should I try for the seats in the back of the plane? Should I call someone or email someone? Not sure what the best course of action would be. The folks on the general reservation line were pretty unhelpful in the past. The kids really want to go back and we'd love to take them so any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Newscience likes this.
  2. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    S
    Suggest that you contact the "Mommy Points" blogger, Summer Hull, for her suggestions, at:

mommypoints@mommypoints.com

3. stpat1
    Original Member

stpat1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks - - I'll reach out to her!

Newscience likes this.
  4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Vegas has pools. And ABC stores :)

Newscience likes this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    And Vegas also has plenty of Hawaiian "expats". But, it sure isn't the Sandwich Isles! :(

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.