Need some advice on my first CO UG

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by AZjohn, Sep 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone,

So, decided to try my first CO experience with a MR this Saturday. I’m a UA 1K and booked it on UA website, L fare, with default of my UA FF#. Trip is ZRH-EWR (UA metal), EWR-LAX (CO metal), and then the reverse the next day.

After reading many post, a month ago I called CO and asked them to put my CO Plat # (I did the status match a long time ago) on the domestic legs (I had a CO PNR as well as a UA PNR as it’s a code share). Agent seemed to understand what I wanted to do, so I thought everything was good.

At 100 hours out from my first CO leg (should have cleared at 120 hours) I see that F>9 (actually seen 12 empty seats, which I know is not factual but just a reference) had dropped to F=6 and bunch of the “premium” seats that were full is now empty, except for mine.:rolleyes:

So, called CO again and this agent informs me that my CO Plat number was NOT on the PNR but my 1K was. So again, I asked her to put the Plat # in and asked if she could UG. Answer: YES on the FF# and NO on UG.

Now I’m at 50 hours and still no UG and F=7. Is there anything else I can do proactive? Is this just a wait until at gate situation, or is something maybe still wrong with the PNR and code share?

Thanks,

John

Travelsavant likes this.
  2. Gtitan
    Original Member

Gtitan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hey there:

Well you have a few problems here. First, even if the flight is CO operated, IME, I've found that calling the folks corresponding with the ticket stock is required (i..e. if "005" then CO PE line if "016" then 1K line) to get a FFN changed as they have to strip and manually put back, and it just seems easier to have them do it. Now, cannot tell if you have already flown the first leg, but if you have not, while theoretically possible to have two FFNs in the reservation, it never seems to work. Make the change at the point when your first set of flights is done or hold the same one throughout.

Next, you're flying EWR-LAX which is NOTORIOUSLY bad for EUA (UDU). Upgrades are likely to be battlefield. In CO world, you need to look for "R" space to see upgrades. You can now see this on the CO website or Expert Flyer or one of its ilk will also show.

Hope that helps! Safe travels and enjoy the flights!

Travelsavant, AZjohn and Flyer1976 like this.
  3. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your reply Gtitan,

Yea, it is for sure UA stock and knew I would have maybe "some small" issues. But everyone made it sound so easy to put your CO FF# on the CO metal segments and UA# on the UA metal. Were talking about UA here, so I should have known better and not try to mix the metal (code share).

And the one thing I didn't mentioned because I didn't want to confuse the story, is I need all segments on my UA FF# at the end because I will load up on 4 CR1's with this trip (10K quater hit from old UA benefits plus hitting the 75K new CR1 threshold). So I needed to switch everything back to UA at the airport. Just thought I could try and use my Plat benefits for the first time.

Oh well, life is still good:)

Travelsavant likes this.