Need Recommendation for 1st Class from HKG to IAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Braindead, Jan 16, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Braindead

Braindead Active Member

Status Points:
    My 80 year old father wants to make a trip from HKG to IAD this Summer with a stopover at SFO on the way back. I want him to have the best possible time while aboard this long journey. I plan to buy him a First Class ticket. Can anyone recommend some airlines that fly this route, preferably one of the newer planes (A380 or 787)?

Itinerary will be:
    HKG to IAD (connections are acceptable)
    IAD to SFO (direct flight preferred)
    SFO to HKG (connections are acceptable)

2. James K.

James K. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well if you take Lufthansa HKG-FRA-IAD you could take an A380 or a 747-8. That'd be pretty cool

3. Not sure if CX goes to IAD but it is probably the best in F from HKG.

4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    HKG-SIN on SQ A380 F
    SIN-FRA on LH 744 F
    FRA-IAD on LH 748i F
    IAD-SFO on UA F
    SFO-HKG on SQ A380 F

You could purchase a *A RTW fare but not sure if SQ will let you book F for the SFO-HKG flight.

gabrielgsp and AUSsie like this.
  5. AUSsie

AUSsie Silver Member

Status Points:
    The transition from pampered LH luxury to a crowded and smelly mobile lounge in IAD is jarring, to say the least.

6. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    If your father is from HKG he probably would feel most comfortable on the top notch HKG based Cathay Pacific, with nonstops HKG to JFK or ORD, with a domestic non-stop connection to IAD.

My general feeling is an elderly parent probably would like the most direct route possible, without layovers, or with a night at a connected to the airport hotel. But you could debate if a connection internationally would be better that domestic - that would decrease the basic domestic service.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.