Need nomination to preferred

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by DrewNJNC, Aug 31, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. DrewNJNC

DrewNJNC New Member

Status Points:
    Hi all, I'm going to be a traveler for work every few weeks and I'm tall, 6'9, and need exit row seating to be comfortable. Seeing that those seats are reserved for preferred travelers and fill up I'm wondering if any preferred members with the ability to nominate someone would be so kind as to do that for me? I'd be willing to pay something for the favor if need be. Thanks

flyingdawg and marcwint55 like this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint. What airline are you referring to?

flyingdawg likes this.
  3. DrewNJNC

DrewNJNC New Member

Status Points:
    US Airways Dividend Miles Preferred

4. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
  5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check out the Amex platinum card. You will automatically have platinum status with US Air which will not only get you preferred seats, but you will have a good shot at upgrades.

6. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I admit to being bowled over by this initially.

As far as I can tell, it turns out that the US Airways Platinum status is only a targeted benefit for some Amex cardholders.

Unless you have different information, which we'd all love to hear....

7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wrote platinum card and actually meant to write centurion card. (black card)

flyingdawg likes this.
  8. beofotch
    Original Member

beofotch Silver Member

Status Points:
    i have a us airways 90 days silver trial preferred available for trade...

flyingdawg and javacodeguy like this.
  9. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you have a good amount of travel coming up, you should defiantly look for a status challenge. That is how I kicked off my status with US Airways and have kept it ever since.

IDGflygirl and flyingdawg like this.
  10. javacodeguy

javacodeguy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm sorry, but this is easily some of the worst advice I've ever heard. You can't just go out and get a Centurion and it's several thousand a year. If this is even an option you could just as easily buy up to Chairman for $2999.

OP should just look at finding someone to trade one of their special dividends with. I'm currently saving mine for my family, but I know a lot of people trade them on the coupon boards here and at FT. In fact looks like beofotch is already offering one up.

IDGflygirl and Sean Colahan like this.
  11. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While you can buy Chairman for 3k, with the Centurion card you not only get the platinum with US airways, but you also get platinum with Delta, Gold with Virgin Atlantic, lounge access with several airlines,free priority pass select, free global entry, $200.00 per year on airline miscellaneous spend (including gift cards if ordered in smaller increments) and many other benefits for $2500.00 per year. I find the Centurion card to be the best value I have ever received in a credit card. While not everyone can just go out and get a Centurion card, for those who qualify it is truly a fantastic card.

12. harvson3

harvson3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's my understanding that the Centurion card is invite-only. Just as a shot in the dark, can current cardholders invite new members to join? (Note: not that I'm personally interested, I'm just curious.)

marcwint55 likes this.
  13. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    When I originally received mine, the requirements were $150,000 spend in a year and must be an existing Amex cardholder. A friend of mine called them and they sent him the application once he was qualified, so I don't think one really needs an invite. This was several years ago and may have changed. I will contact Amex and if such an invite is required I would be happy to accomodate others.

14. bretta

bretta Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would also be interested in a US Air nomination to Silver, if anyone has one available. PM me.

Brett

jbcarioca likes this.
  15. rookie3

rookie3 Member

Status Points:
    I have a silver nomination to trade if anyone is looking for one...

jbcarioca likes this.
  16. bretta

bretta Silver Member

Status Points:
    Too late, I earned Silver by flying... :)

17. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone has a silver nomination,I would greatly appreciate one. I have a family of five and we need to fly multiple times over the next few months for different competitions. The free bags would be great savings for five people each way. I hope to use this travel plus I am starting a new job with a good amount of travel to make this permanent. Thanks in advance!!!

18. cedrbop74

cedrbop74 Active Member

Status Points:
    If you are unable to get a nomination. Would a preferred trial to silver help? Granted it's $200 but you will spend that in baggage fees. Won't hurt to try

Ktremor likes this.
  19. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking that as a last resort but it was worth a shot to see if anyone had an extra nomination and a kind heart. I have a job right now that has a lot of regional travel that involves a lot of non-flying so I have a few elite hotel programs but no airline programs. Now with my new job I will be traveling by air now as its a more national job.

One question, if my first flight is net Friday how far in advance do I have to buy the status?

20. jr57

jr57 Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone has a nomination for trial silver to spare, I would greatly appreciate it. I have just over 10k miles booked on US over the next month starting on Feb 23, so I'd easily meet the qualification requirements. Otherwise I am willing to pay for the trial, just thought I'd check here first. PM if you can help. Thanks!