Under Review Need more "mark as read" options

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by viguera, Mar 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The option to mark forums/sub-forums as read is great, but I don't think I'm alone when I say that maybe it would be helpful if we had the option from other major sections.

I try to catch up with unread posts as much as possible, but quite frankly there are some sections that I'm just not interested in... I usually view the new posts via "What's New?" and read up on all the stuff I find useful, then check out other sections to mark forums read.

For example, I read pretty much every post under the AAdvantage / Skymiles / US Airways section, but I don't have much interest in JAL / ANA / Air Guanaco / whatever. Same thing for the hotels section.

It would be useful (or maybe it's just me) if the overall Airline Programs / Hotel Programs section itself could be marked as read, so that people like me -- that read a few sub-forums but not everything -- could then go back to "What's New?" and concentrate on finding other useful posts outside of those sections.

Does that make any sense actually? Maybe I'm just being picky. :)

kiwi, Westsox and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    No, you're not being picky. That level of granular personalization is they "way of the future", and it does make a lot of sense.

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion viguera, this item has ben added to our suggestion master list.

4. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Such an option would vastly improve the usefulness of "what's new?", although a "My MP" would also help address this issue.