Need help with HI or CP award stay at Paris for the month of July

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by kayjay, Jan 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kayjay
    Original Member

kayjay Silver Member

Status Points:
    We ( 2 adults, one 5 year old & one 6 month old) are visiting Paris for 7 nights during the mid-July and right now hunting for decent IHG property (HI or CP) for our stay. Since Paris is our stop over, we will be having at least 4-5 checked in baggage + at least 2 carry on + 2 backpacks along with us. I am planning to use cash + points award redemption option (most likely go with 15000 points + USD 60).

I want a place where I can stay for all 7 nights, where I can walk to metro station and if possible it should be closer city sightseeing bus tour stops (as we are definitely planning on doing the bus trips atleast 2 days).

I am a Platinum member with PC, any chance I will get an upgrade to a bigger room/suite? Any tip or trick in any HI or CP property that I can use while contacting or checking in?

2. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the HI Notre Dame last July, and we loved the location. Literally 1/2 block to the Notre Dame metro, and is close to all the major attractions. It is a small hotel, with tiny rooms. But it is a newish property with nice design features and is very clean. It was totally sold out when I went in July so there were no upgrades. I'm guessing that because it is peak season, that will likely be the case at many hotels. The location truly can't be beat though.

3. DebraI
    Original Member

DebraI Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oops... it's right next to the St Michel metro/RER station, not Notre Dame.

kayjay likes this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    From what I can recall HI Bastille gets good reports on Trip Advisor though think they have some weird rule that you can't take food or drinks to the room.

kayjay likes this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    The HI Gare de l'Est may be another option. It is near Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est; friends have really liked this property.

kayjay likes this.
  6. kayjay
    Original Member

kayjay Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. But we need to take baby food atleast....