Need help redeeming miles please

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by kate61880, Jul 21, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. kate61880

kate61880 New Member

Status Points:
    My husband and I are planning a trip to Africa in Feb.

We need to fly Tampa-Nairobi one way, then we are stopping in Morocco so we will need to fly Nairobi to Casablanca and the only flights that work for the time we need are on Emirates for that leg and then home from Casablanca a week later, we would like to take Air Royal Maroc to JFK.

My hope is to either be able to redeem miles for the flight to Nairobi as a one way reward so we can save money or if possible upgrade to business or first class with miles on that leg.

I have
    AA: 153K
    US Air 42K
    Amex MR: 88K
    DL: 92K

Do I have enough miles to be able to do anything? I found flights to Nairobi on United/Swiss and Qatar. I have no Star Alliance miles and could not find the route I was looking at on Qatar available on AA.com.

Advice please?

Kate

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Might be best to look into an award booking service if you don't know how to use your miles.

P.S. I don't think one can use miles on Air Royal Maroc unless you pay the airfare with your points. However, this doesn't get you good value.