Need help finding MPM and other info in EF

Discussion in 'ExpertFlyer' started by joesmoe, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to use Aeroplan to redeem an F award to Samoa from the east coast.

I'm trying to research MPM's.

So I go to fare information, is there a way to search only *A without typing in all the airlines individually?

Thanks in advance.

2. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    That’s a good question, unfortunately alliances can’t be used in Fare Information searches, only in Flight Availability searches. However you’ll find that for a given city pair, the MPM is very similar, if not the same, across airlines.

3. DavidYYC

DavidYYC Active Member

Status Points:
    I also have this problem with EF. I just cannot see the MPM for all city pairs. For example if I search for YYC-PER return on UA or AC, it shows the MPM (+/- 12,000) and it also shows which other airlines have published fares on this route. One is NZ, when I search the NZ fare, no MPM shows up.

Another example is if ask for BA published fare so I can see what the MPM is via the Atlantic this is what I get:

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG

1 LLNCNA L‡R 1780.00 ---- -/3 SU/12M AT01 PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES FROM-YYC TO-PER CXR-BA TVL-09NOV11 RULE-9586 IPRAI/101 FARE BASIS-LLNCNA SPECIAL FARE DIS-E VENDOR-ATP FARE TYPE-XAN RT-APEX NONREFUNDABLE CAD 1734.00 2397 E29MAY10 D-INFINITY FC-LLNCNA FN- SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 28MAY10/1025 EXPIRES INFINITY PUBLISHED RTG YYC-PER/BA2397/TAR-TARP EF-29MAY10 DIS-INDEF /VIA THE ATLANTIC/ DOM ROUTE VALIDATION APPLIES WITHIN ORIG/DEST COUNTRIES 1. YYC-LON-SIN-PER

4. ExpertFlyer Voice

ExpertFlyer Voice Z Representative

Status Points:
    Hi David, you are getting that result because that fare is not a MPM fare, it is a route based fare as it lists a valid route for the fare. That aside, we will be introducing a seperate MPM search which will help you as well.

unavaca and DavidYYC like this.
  5. DavidYYC

DavidYYC Active Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the quick answer. It looks like I really dont understand the what an "MPM fare" is as opposed to a "route based fare". I thought any published fare had a MPM? Back to learning, again.
    The MPM search will be amazing!