Need help finding a flight!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by serion, Jul 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to help two of my friends get from the Burbank (BUR) area to ATL. They'd like to fly somewhere around 8/31 until 9/6. They're flexable on the dates. The cheapest price I could find was around $280 (Delta and AirTran). They're able to fly out of any of the surounding airports LAX, ONT, and SNA. They could also fly into BHM if it yeilds a cheaper fare (doubtful).

I know just enough about travel 'hacking' to get in trouble.:) I was thinking about trying to look up some possible married segments, but I can't think of a one between those two city pairs.

Any help would be appericated!

cordray2643 likes this.
  2. cordray2643
    Original Member

cordray2643 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You could always try Southwest into Birmingham, but it looks like that is around $340 right now. From what I could see $240 (before taxes/fees) is about the best on Delta & AirTran. I also found AA (connecting through DFW) for about the same. Wish I could help more.

serion likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    On DL, $280 all in RT seems like a good fare for this. Obvious connections would be SLC and/or MEM, perhaps MSP and/or DTW would also be allowed.

These dates seem like Labor Day weekend, so I would expect low priced tickets to be scarce as the holiday approaches. I would also expect overbooked flights and crowded airports. Some here would see this as a potential bump (compensation via vouchers) opportunity, but novice flyers would be advised to avoid tight connections (or unnecessary connections at all) and prime time flights or the last flights of the day to avoid trouble.

cordray2643, serion and viguera like this.
  4. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yea, I checked Southwest out too. (I even look at Spirit -- ICK!) Thanks for taking a look though!

cordray2643 likes this.
  5. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with all you said. I was just hoping someone more knowledgeable than me might have a trick or two up their sleeves I hadn't thought about. :)
    Thanks for your reply!

cordray2643 likes this.
  6. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Anyone else with some ideas/suggestions?

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What are you trying to do? Get a cheap fare? Get lots of miles? Have a comfortable travel experience?

8. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking for the cheapest way from there to here. They've fallen on some hard times and would really like to make the trip over for a reunion.