need help booking on AA through BA

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by Miss Staunton, May 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Miss Staunton

Miss Staunton Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm trying to get my husband from TVC to PDX and then from SEA to TVC. I have UR as well as BA points and thought I'd try to get him there flying AA economy. I am looking around 7/28 but can do 7/27 through 7/30 to get him out there. The return would be about 8 days later, give or take.

I'm not sure how to find award availability on AA using BA. When I go to the BA site to "spend Avios" miles it says there are no flights that day for all the days I tried. That could be but I don't see any way of finding out for sure or if there are other days that have the flights. When I go to AA, they have AA Anytime flights available for the days I want. I'd like to learn what I should do and what I am doing wrong.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    If you can't find what you want using the British Airways website my suggestion would be to search for award space using the American Airlines website (note: you want the sAAver, lowest-mileage cost seats). You should then be able to ring up BA to request those same seats

free101girl and miles and smiles like this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    To make it quite clear you cannot book AAnytime reward seats with Avios.
    If both the AA and BA sites show no availiblity then you are probably out of luck.

A quick check however shows Busines/First milesavers to SEA on the 27th returning on Aug 4th and 6th . The cost is the same for as the AAnytime coach awards and the drive from SEA to PDX is really not that far.

4. Miss Staunton

Miss Staunton Silver Member

Status Points:
    He is flying in to windsurf at the Gorge and then was planning on driving to Seattle to visit friends and go sailing - that's why I was trying to go into Portland and out of Seattle.

Being new with AA I wasn't sure what AAnytime is but regardless what you are telling me if that I can't use Avios miles but can, for the same number of miles, he can go Business/First.

I appreciate the time you took to explain and help me out.

miles and smiles likes this.