Need help ASAP getting to Monte Carlo

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by michael21, Jun 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey guys. My father's company is having a retreat in Monte Carlo and will reimburse airfare up to $1500 per ticket from From ORD (to NCE)...He wants to leave at the latest flight possible Saturday night September 1 returning Friday morning the 7th...He flew United Economy Plus and really liked it but the only flight that late that night is operated by Lufthansa so it seems that United plus is not an option.

Do we have any options? Any airlines with Economy plus are welcome and will be considered.
    Tickets need to be booked today so anyone that can help asap, thanks!!

2. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It looks like SAS also flies that route and has a late-night departure. Their planes have premium economy as well.

Edit: Air France and KLM also fly this route and should have premium economy as well.

3. GenevaFlyer
    Original Member

GenevaFlyer Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    KL could be an option, although they leave earlier. With their economy fare, you can then book into Economy Comfort for a fee.

AF's premium economy is really a separate type of seat, and will set you back more than your budget. I would start with Orbitz or Expedia to see what the options are.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

LizzyDragon84 likes this.
  4. HouseofV

HouseofV Silver Member

Status Points:
    This looks like something to give Flightfox.com a shot!

5. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    So michael21, what did your dad end up booking?

6. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hey so as it stands the E+ is looking bleak so I think we're going to book one way with the company money and one way with our own points in business or first but so far the only flight I can find is Lufthansa First and I want it to be like something that will blow my parents away and that doesn't really do it for me.

Any suggestions?

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    LH IFC should be good, especially on a new plane.

DL has a nonstop JFK-NCE which is an old PanAm route; I don't know offhand whether DL does ORD-JFK nonstop. If it has flat beds, this is worth considering in BE. All DL planes have Y+ now (EC, free for high elites and a seat fee for others).

8. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did you try Flightfox and, if so, did it work for you?

9. Santander

Santander Silver Member

Status Points:
    AF was selling PE seats from central Canada to France for ~$1100 recently so it's not inconceivable that they'd have similar prices ex-USA in September. Transiting CDG sucks but there's no better airline to do it than with AF. It's Y food but the seat is somewhat better.