Need a very speedy Status Match on SkyTeam

Discussion in 'SkyTeam' started by PhlyingRPh, Jan 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to be flying Saudi Arabian airlines fairly extensively (est about 60,000 mi) over the next 6 months and was wondering if any of the ST programs has an easy/non-challenge status match available at the moment. I'm Emirates Gold, UA 1K and AA ExPlat thru end of Jan - will drop to UA Plat at that time but retain the other two statii.

2. gerdpoints

gerdpoints Active Member

Status Points:
    "Live from a Lounge" blogged on Dec 29th regarding status match with the new SkyTeam partner Aerolineas. Since I have not posted 10 times on Milepoint yet, I am not permitted to send any links. Just search for "Live from a Lounge" and "Aerolineas".

3. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually fly LH into RUH through FRA, that's not a option for you? Or a connex using emirates?

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  4. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm tied into flying SV by contract. It's the only way I cld get my client to pay for premium class tvl

5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta?
    I'm a medallion but I've heard others have been matched, not sure if that is still going on though.

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you're flying on premium cabin tickets anyways does the status really matter?

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  7. PhlyingRPh
    Original Member

PhlyingRPh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was thinking abt this fr/ two perspectives...

1) I'd like to earn & burn ST miles this yr & not get stuck for the long haul. If I have status now, I'll likely earn bonus miles (depending on the program) that'll allow me to afford a higher level award before cashing out of ST.

2) I'm likely to do some regional travel at my expense & I may do this on SV or other ST carriers if It'll earn mileage that gets me to a higher award level. Personal tvl would likely be in economy cabins so the status, depending on which program I am in, may be helpful.

mht_flyer likes this.
  8. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    In addition to Aerolineas Argentinas matches to platinum posted about above, gleff posted about Flying Blue status matches to FB Gold last week. That isn't top tier however, but for EMEA flying it is probably more valuable.

PhlyingRPh likes this.
  9. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Watch out for the donkey meals in business class on SV. Don't eat that mystery meat.

PhlyingRPh and downhillcrasher like this.