Need 500 IHG Points... Best Way?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by nonstopski, Feb 3, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm going to combine miles and dollars to book a hotel night (in addition to using my annual free night), but I realized if I transfer what remains of my Chase UR into IHG, because of their "must transfer in increments of 1,000" rule, I'll be 500 points short. I could buy 1,000 points for $13.50 through IHG. I could also go buy a $100 gift card on my Chase Ink at Staples (5x the points), but then those points wouldn't post till later this month. While I can wait (hotel booking is for April), I also don't want the hotel to get booked up! It's in the most popular part of a fairly major midwestern city.

Are there any other good ways of doing this that I'm missing?

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can do a points & cash stay and cancel it... it would be pricier but the overall cost of the points would be less.

3. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or some of the surveys, if one has not already attempted - those credit instantly.

4. nonstopski

nonstopski Silver Member

Status Points:
    EDIT: I think I did do these surveys awhile back actually...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  5. Max M

Max M Gold Member

Status Points:
    IHG Dining, operated by Rewards Network--- like the dining rewards that Rewards Network operates for most of the airlines--- would be a painless way to earn your IHG points, especially with their new member bonus of 1,000 points with a $30 Dine.

It appears you're in D.C. --- there are plenty of Rewards Network restaurants in the D.C. area:

http://ihgrewardsclubdining.rewardsnetwork.com/

nonstopski and WilliamQ like this.
  6. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    E-rewards, e-miles are an easy/cheap source for miles.

pointshogger likes this.
  7. LordSebastian

LordSebastian New Member

Status Points:
    I might be missing something? Just pay $13.50 and buy 1000, they are immediately credited to your account. Easy really!