Need 417 elite miles for PP status next year, options?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by jumbo_cards, Dec 13, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jumbo_cards

jumbo_cards Silver Member

Status Points:
    I epic failed on my mileage calculation during my last trip, as a result, I need extra 417 miles.

Could someone suggest some cheap options for me? I heard there is some way to use elite maximize-r or some sort to do this, but I never done it before.

Otherwise, I might just bite the bullet and do a random flight... I would hate to do that though as I don't have any planned trips till next year.

2. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Book a refundable fare, buy extra miles + elite maximizer, refund fare.

3. jumbo_cards

Status Points:
    I can do that on United.com yes?

And do you have some estimate how much it would cost me to buy 417 elite miles? If it costs too much I might as well fly.

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, you do it on co.com. Should cost you about 10-11cpEQM right now. As an elite today you'll get hit with the 500 mile minimums so you'll pay ~$55-60 for the Elite Maximizer and then be done.

Buy ANY ticket (doesn't have to be refundable) on co.com. Once it tickets go into the reservation and choose the option to buy additional miles. Then tick the box to get Elite Maximizer. Pay the fee noted. The points will credit to the OnePass account immediately. Once that is done simply cancel/refund the ticket. Within 24 hours it is free for any ticket.

Titans26, Flyer1976 and gobluetwo like this.
  5. jumbo_cards

Status Points:
    Hey guys,

I did went ahead and gotten elite miles on my CO account using the above mentioned method.

I remember seeing somewhere here that says United / CO will do a sweep between the two accounts and total the elite miles together on the main account. It has been over a week now and the 678 elite miles sitting in my CO account still has not moved. Both accounts are linked.

Am I being too paranoid? Everything should be okay right?

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They don't move the miles in a manner you can see but the calculations will happen in the background. No need to worry.

7. jumbo_cards

Status Points:
    My United account says I still need 417 miles to "get my 2 regional upgrades". I guess I don't need to worry ... Thanks.