Need 1 GPU for Asia Trip

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TimeZoneCST, Apr 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. TimeZoneCST
    Original Member

TimeZoneCST Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looking to trade UA Miles, SPG, and/or Hilton stays for 1 GPU. I'm V fare.

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Prohibition of sale or barter

1. The sale or barter or attempted sale or barter of any such mileage, certificates, awards or benefits other than as authorized and/or sponsored by United is expressly prohibited. Any mileage, certificates, awards or benefits transferred, assigned or sold in violation of the Program Rules, in addition to exposing the member to the penalties otherwise associated with violations, may be confiscated or canceled. The use of award tickets that have been acquired by purchase, barter or other conduct in violation of Program Rules may result in termination of membership, cancellation of accrued mileage, certificates, awards or benefits, confiscation of the tickets, denial of boarding with respect to the ticket holder, and, at United's discretion, completion of the travel only upon payment of an applicable fare.

KenInEscazu, Flyer1976 and rggale like this.
  3. TimeZoneCST
    Original Member

TimeZoneCST Silver Member

Status Points:
    rggale Liked this? Classy. NYCUA1K - my apologies. I have not been warned previously when posting similar. Point taken. But kinda lame that you felt the need to Bold your comment to make your point. How about a little professional courtesy by just pointing out there is a policy prohibiting my post? And incidentally, I don't see your same response on aomrani post for the same thing? A little confusing.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    You just provided the reason for my bolding the rule: You were aware of this thread, which has been bolted shut (I guess you feel that is too drastic as well) precisely because it was on the same verboten topic. I thought the rule needed to be stated "louder", so I did.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  5. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]

genemk2 likes this.
  6. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi there, I see from the replies above your request was addressed. It's unfortunate the programs don't allow this, but I imagine in goes on behind closed doors at times.

There have been threads like yours lately but from new members, and it's possible someone replied without looking at your MP status. While it may have seemed impersonal, it might just be an oversight or a quick fact reply from someone on the go, or a reaction to your knowledge about a similar thread. I like to think we look out for each other on this board, and the rule which applies to your request will help you stay out of trouble with your FF program.

You could still post a thread asking if anyone had one to spare, and hopefully someone will have an upgrade instrument they can part with to help you out with your trip. Best of luck. :)

7. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hi UA Insider, long time no see

In before the lock

Sent from a reasonably priced car.

WilliamQ likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    ok... is this some kind of a code... ?

9. colpuck
    Original Member

colpuck Gold Member

Status Points:
    No it just means that you've posted before the mods lock the thread.

Sent from a reasonably priced car.

WilliamQ likes this.
  10. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. Got it.