Navigating hotel power outages

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by sobore, Apr 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

On a recent business trip, an early-morning power outage kicked my wakeup call to the curb. With a looming flight departure and several colleagues in the same boat, prompt problem solving was a must. While showering in the dark proved challenging, to say the least, other hurdles proved equally interesting. After navigating to the front desk sans hall lights or elevator, and tracking down my coworkers rooms with a miniature flashlight provided by the hotel staff, my reward was an elaborate candlelight breakfast before making the mad dash to the airport. Here are a handful of tips to consider if the same thing happens to you.

Strategy: With no interior window for shower support, combining shampoo and conditioning supplies into a single hair treatment seemed the safest bet. Determining which travel-sized bottle contained nail polish remover and which held skin freshener on the other hand, needed the natural light of my rooms balcony. An electronic room key and phone system both of which were out of commission - required having my act together before I made my way to the lobby with all of my belongings.
    uggboy likes this.